dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to

Thumbs up How to

Hi Guys,

Please i need help. I will want a form that will be submitted on a web page and be sent to an email. the web page contain information that a visitor will enter his or her details and get the form submitted.

I will want the information entered by the visitor to be send to an email once the visitor hit on the 'submit button' on the web form.

How can i do this? Please you can find the web page here:

https://jofexchange.**********app.co...eCurrency.html

I love the subject of this topic: How to. So descriptive. So informative. Do you need help just asking for help?

If you have some code that you have written then you should show us the portion of it that pertains to your current difficulties. The forum has tags designed just for that purpose, so you should check them out before you post and then we can help you. Many of us (me!) don't click on links to who-knows-where just because the OP doesn't bother to post his/her code here.
    JG
    PS - If you're posting here you should be using:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
    ini_set('display_errors', '1');

at the top of ALL php code while you develop it!

1. Gather the data from your form in the target PHP script. http://php.net/manual/en/language.va...s.external.php

2. After validating the input, send the data of interest in an email http://php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php (or use a package like PHPMailer to help with that)
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

Home rolled email forms a fine for experienced programmers. I use one I wrote and I have not been hacked yet. But it's a tricky and error-prone task for beginner to intermediate programmers.

There are well-written classes out there you can just use. I assume so anyway. I use my own.

There are a lot of things to look out for. Among other things your codes would have to look for combinations of newlines and carriage returns in the To: address. Newlines can be used to push a looooooooooooooooooong list of email addresses down into the CC: or BCC: part of an email header. In other words poorly written email forms can be exploited by spammers.

And they will try. My weblogs show constant non-stop attempts to use my form. Log file analysis shows they usually give up after a few dozen failed attempts. And then, perhaps a few days later someone else, from another spoofed IP address tries again.

I used to redirect hacker so nsa.gov but I eventually decided that was useless, and an invitation for revenge. Failed attempts just return null now.

For what it's worth if I grep my log files for failed email form send attempts 7 or 8 times out of ten the offending IP address resolves to Russia. China South Korea and Nigeria are also frequent offenders.

Thread Information