resolved [RESOLVED] www.eqo.se

My music website...

www.eqo.se

What do you think?

Ben
    www.eqo.se

Start over.
    You microfonts are impossible to read.
    You images are too low contrast to comfortably see.
    And your coding sucks.
    Vladdy

Working web site is not the one that looks the same in a few graphical browsers, but the one that adequately delivers its content to any device accessing it.

...care to say in what way the 'coding sucks'

I'll lighten up the picture if you think that's a problem...
    www.eqo.se

This just says it all:
    Code:
    <font size="-3">
    <font color="#303030">
    <font face="Verdana">

Entire site, including all music and artwork, is [c] and [p] Ben Tatlow 2004.  All Rights Reserved

</font>
    </font>
    </font>
    Besides:
    1. Improper use of frames
    2. Improper use of tables
    3. Improper use of images
    Or never mind, there is nothing proper about that HTML, period.

You need to learn the current state of technology and start over.
    Vladdy

Working web site is not the one that looks the same in a few graphical browsers, but the one that adequately delivers its content to any device accessing it.

OK, point taken...

However, what is wrong with a website if the actual output (ie what it looks like) works and looks good?

Yes, the code that you specify could be simplified, but it is not wrong, and it does not cause any problems to the average user.

I have tested the site in a lot of browsers and it runs fine: what are 'improper' about my use of frames, tables and images?

Sorry if this seems rude but I'm interested to know what you find so poor about my website...
    www.eqo.se

No such thing as an "average user"
    Here is what SE "sees" (as well as users of text and aural browsers): http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview....Fwww.eqo.se%2F

Have you tried viewing your site on a monitor with 1600x1200 resolution or greater?

Your code is wrong because:
    It does allow all users to comfortably access your web site using their preffered method
    Vladdy

I haven't tried viewing my site in 1600x1200, in what ways does the code not cope?

I haven't heard of SE so I can't comment on that. Howerver, I would assume that the vast majority of sites do not show up well in text/aural browsers (especially ones made in flash...)

If I were going to optimise the site for all browsers, how would I go about doing so?

Oh, and when I said 'average user', I was referring to the people who use IE/Netscape/Mozilla on a decent computer (PC or Mac).
    www.eqo.se

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    tire site, including all music and artwork, is [c] and [p] Ben Tatlow 2004. All Rights Reserved
    use the correct symbol i THINK the javascript for it is &copy iam not sure but using [c] is incorrect (even though leagally you do not have to display it) press alt+1+6+9 for the copyright symbol also the text is to dark to read

my 200th post yay go me
    fabioDRN.com

Thread Information