www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Adwords, how does it work?

Adsense, how does it work?

Hello, I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this, but here goes:
    I decided to utilize Google's Adsense program, but my problem is when I go to my own site (a hosting company) I see ads for competitors. Is there a way to change the content so related sites show but not competitors? This is probably a question for the folks at Google, but I thought I would give you guys a try first.
    Last edited by SLH; 05-31-2004 at 08:52 AM.

To my small knowledge no i dont think you can change them becuase they are targeted ads so they target adverts of the same categorie.

imo business sites should never have ads on them...
    Basically Gogle show what they feel to be 'relevant adverts' and in your case that's your competitors. If you were running a review site or giving information about a topic, yes I can see an application. But business sites should stay away from ads.
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

I completely agree with you DaveSW, I removed the ads altogether

Originally posted by SLH
    I completely agree with you DaveSW, I removed the ads altogether
    Finally... Someone agrees! lol
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

There's one in every crowd...
    Computer Zen:
    Program aborting
    Close all that you have worked on
    You ask far too much

well i guess it doesnt matter now, but to anyone else who cares you can block certain sites from ur ads. I think it is up to 100 maybe more or less.

Thread Information