dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Domain with Keywords

Domain with Keywords

Does anyone still think it's still useful to register a domain with keywords.

Have someone trying to sell me a decent domain with 3 keywords - similar to webdeveloperchicago.com (this is not it)

Wondering if it's worth $40.
    Share on Google+

Depends on what your competitors have. Google your keyword and see if your top 10 competitors have keywords in the domain or not and adjust your strategy to them.
    Also general problem with keywords in the domain is easy to over-optimize your website for that keyword with your anchor text and on site content, just be conscious of that.
    Share on Google+

This type of domains are only good in SEO. It's hard for them to build a good company.
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Wwiola View Post
    This type of domains are only good in SEO. It's hard for them to build a good company.
    It's easier to scale than to start new business
    Share on Google+

Hello,

YES, it is worth $40. You can rank it faster than any other in local areas of Chicago but you need to focus on content with website layout.
    Share on Google+

Yes you should buy it. EMD (Exact Match Domain) is one of the most important factor in SEO, if your domain includes the main keyword then you have a better chance to get the high ranking on search engine SERPs
    Share on Google+

SEO is all about the keywords so I think using the domain name as a keyword lot helps in SEO ranking of your website.
    Share on Google+

Good thoughts, also I'd like to suggest this article - https://www.templatemonster.com/blog...ltimate-guide/. There are some useful information about choosing domain name etc.
    Share on Google+

Domain name plays a vital role in giving an idea what your company is all about and what kind of work you are providing. With your domain webdeveloperchicago it is visible that you are going to list all web developers of Chicago city. So, if you are planning for any company just buy domain related to your company name. you can check your domain names on this website.
    Share on Google+

Hello,

I am from Medias Titan.

And in my opinion yes it is good from SEO point of view its good to have a keywords in your domain because it helps google to indexing your domain properly.
    Share on Google+

Yes, still has effect on website ranking
    Share on Google+

Thread Information