dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to fix windows unexpected shutdown after falling sleep?

No, it is not.
    I have been fighting your problem since 1999 and other than a clean install, and keeping detailed notes while installing everything one at a time to find out which program, update is messing things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    No, it is not.
    I have been fighting your problem since 1999 and other than a clean install, and keeping detailed notes while installing everything one at a time to find out which program, update is messing things up.
    As you said, should I not update Windows? I am choosing Automatic Update option.

Yes, that is the setting I use too, with windows.

It could be an issue with your Operating System i.e. Windows 10. You can try contacting Microsoft for this. Microsoft contact number - 8009365700. If they cannot find the issue u might consider contacting a tech.

Regards,
    Phoebe

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe1410 View Post
    It could be an issue with your Operating System i.e. Windows 10. You can try contacting Microsoft for this. Microsoft contact number - 8009365700. If they cannot find the issue u might consider contacting a tech.

Regards,
    Phoebe
    I have tried all ways I can, contacted Microsoft, posted to Microsoft Forum as well. but I got nothing. I think Train is right, I should turn System Update off. :|

the equipment must be turned off...

In the case of an unexpected shutdown, the normal PC hardware does not suffer. I think it happens with standby/sleep as well.

Too much using laptop deteriorates its life, and yours too. Make sure you shut it down properly after usage. Most of the times, it is the faulty SMPS that causes desktops shutdown on its own and then restart. I have faced this problem dozens of times. But in case of laptops I am not too sure why does it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LiseAdestam View Post
    the equipment must be turned off...
    I totally agree with you. Turn it off after using is best way to avoid an unexpected shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by Soldertraining View Post
    In the case of an unexpected shutdown, the normal PC hardware does not suffer. I think it happens with standby/sleep as well.
    Exactly! PC hardware does not suffer but running apps' data.

Quote Originally Posted by crishwatson View Post
    Too much using laptop deteriorates its life, and yours too. Make sure you shut it down properly after usage. Most of the times, it is the faulty SMPS that causes desktops shutdown on its own and then restart. I have faced this problem dozens of times. But in case of laptops I am not too sure why does it happen.
    I have just replaced my laptop battery for 2 months because of I set my laptop in the power setting Never Sleep :'(

When it happens, check event viewer and see what error has been listed there. Run Windows Update and install all updates and restart your PC.

Even the laptop I bought in 2008 still uses the orignal battery.

Calibrate your laptop battery.
    {Actually you are calibrating the program that reads the battery.}

I see power to high, play music, video until the laptop shuts down.

Plug in the power and boot up.
    As fast as I can I mouse over and read the power left.
    If equal or less than 10 minutes left, everything is fine.

If greater than 10 minutes. I fully recharge the battery and remove the power cord and run it until it shuts down again.
    Again do the plug in and power reading.

And DO NOT leave the laptop plugged / charging in all the time.

Come to think about it, I have never replaced a battery for any of the 6 laptops I have. The oldest is a 2002 Compaq .

Thread Information