dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: I'm new to web designing and I need help

I'm new to web designing and I need help

Hi everyone. I'm new to website development and I've been teaching myself with the help of some YouTube videos. However, something has been bothering me.It might look like a stupid question but i'm sure i am not the only one. How can i develop a blogging site for someone that does not know anything about programming? Do i have to use as many <article> as possible.

You can try wordpress. It's best for blogging. It doesn't really require any coding.
    You can get it here:
    https://wordpress.org/download/
    I'm sure it has a lot of good video tutorials on youtube for beginners. That should help you get started

I think it depends entirely on what you mean by "developing a blogging site"...
    Are you wanting to make a site to rival the likes of Blogger and WordPress? Somewhere that anyone can sign up to and write their own blogs?
    Or are you just wanting to create a blog for an individual person to write on..?

If the latter, well - as apat85 has said, there is WordPress as your best (and most supported) option, and also Ghost.
    If you're wanting to do the former, and create something that rivals some of the biggest blogging software names out there... Then you're in a whole different ballgame, and I'd suggest doing a lot more reading and practising before running with the project.

I appreciate your help but i want to build it from scratch.

If you are just learning from scratch learn everything you need at codecademy.com it's a really helpful site for beginners and those who just need to refresh there skills.
    What apat85 said is right though a Content Management System is the standard at least for the blog porportion of your website and requires no less skill.For example you could build your theme for wordpress from the ground up by following guides that allow you to port your html/css across to the way wp wants it to be written.
    The most used option for people like yourself is to create other parts of your website from scratch and have your blog run on wordpress or any alternative then when people click through to your blog that is the only bit that is wordpress.
    If you are determined to build it from scratch with no CMS it is old school and requires you to edit each post on your desktop in Notepad++ or dreamweaver or whatever and then upload it via the ftp, if you want regular engaging content that is going to get a bit annoying after some time but each to their own.
    Bit messy but hope it helps.

Its ok for anyone not to know about programming and still be able to run his own blogging site. If you look at WordPress, it is so easy to handle that even a non technical person will find it easy to manage as an administrator. Having knowledge about technicalities of web development is not really necessary for being the admin.

Excellent step-by-step guide on how to create a website - https://www.templatemonster.com/blog...ltimate-guide/

First of all what kind of website you want to create? And if you figure it, choose your platform first. I suggest using Wordpress. It had many design and you can tweak it

Try learning from forums like designerstalk and stackoverflow; you will get best idea about designing and designing related issue

Yes, wordpress is the best platform to develop the website and blog.It is easy to use who don't know the coding much because it is easy to edit.

WordPress is a good place to create a blog site for those who does not know about more programming because there are many templates with programming, Only minor changes in it as per your requirement and you can easily do it and better for practice.

Thread Information