dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Difference between front-end and back-end

Difference between front-end and back-end

Hello everyone, I am new to web development. Please my questions is what is front end and back end?

[mod]Moved to its own thread. Please do not hijack other people's threads with unrelated questions.[/mod]
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

In web development, front-end (or client-side) is the text, mark-up, and code that ends up in the user's web browser and is therefore processed by the browser. This typically includes HTML text mark-up, CSS styling, and JavaScript code. Back-end (or server-side) is the code that runs on the web server, which can be in any of many different programming languages, and typically interacts with a database of some sort. It ultimately generates everything that gets sent to the browser (where the front-end takes over and processes it).
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog

Thanks Nogdog your answer is helpful. please can I have you as a friend to talk about web applications?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjam View Post
    Thanks Nogdog your answer is helpful. please can I have you as a friend to talk about web applications?
    I do not do private tutoring , but feel free to ask questions here in relevant sub-forums, and let all of your potential friends here help you.

My Blog

The backend consists of three parts: a server, an application, and a database. If you book a flight or buy concert tickets, you usually open a website and interact with the frontend. Once you've entered that information, the application stores it in a database that was created on a server.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjam View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new to web development. Please my questions is what is front end and back end?
    Front-end consist which can user see include design, HTML, CSS. Back-end called the server-side that user can't see in browser includeing database and server.

Thread Information