dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: putting Javascript together

putting Javascript together

Guys, I have completed learning HTML, CSS, Javascript fundamentals and Jquery.

I feel a bit lost in terms of where to go from here. My main issue is that I understand how to put HTML and CSS together. I have done so with a few personal projects, but I would like to know if there are any websites or platforms which would allow me to continue learning Javascript by putting everything together to create small projects for beginners?

I understand the fundamentals of Javascript; Variables, if statement, loops and altering HTML elements, but I feel like my knowledge is still very limited because I havent really put Javascript together to see the real power of it.

When I completed learning HTML and CSS, my first objective was to build a website so I can build more of an understanding and so far so good. But with Javascript, I am lost. I am kind of struggling to build an understanding on how to use the different aspects of Javascript and combine them to create small programs or projects. I feel this is the only real way I will grasp a decent understanding of the language. Bare in mind I am a beginner so I am looking for something not overly easy, but at the same time not too hard. I feel a bit demoralized because I have come a long way but I can not seem to progress with building my knowledge further and fulfilling my dream of becoming a front end web developer.

I'm not sure if this is what you wanted, but these are some simple assignments:
    1) Choose a random number between 1-1000 and give the user ten tries to guess it, telling the user if the guess is correct, too high, or too low.
    2) Give the user a place to enter a, b, and c then give both roots of a quadratic equation or that it is impossible to solve.
    3) Calculate the monthly payment of a loan given the amount being borrowed, interest rate (divide by 12 before starting to use, i.e., 12% annually is 1% monthly), and length of the loan (convert to months).

The formulas for 2 & 3 are readily available and will give you practice on the Math functions as well as reading data from a formatted screen and writing data to an answer field.

Hope that's enough to get you started. Good luck!

IMHO, you should read code and that gives you ideas of how you can try your own or improve upon some other work and you will understand code quicker by playing with code in a browser.
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

Thread Information