dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: putting Javascript together

putting Javascript together

Guys, I have completed learning HTML, CSS, Javascript fundamentals and Jquery.

I feel a bit lost in terms of where to go from here. My main issue is that I understand how to put HTML and CSS together. I have done so with a few personal projects, but I would like to know if there are any websites or platforms which would allow me to continue learning Javascript by putting everything together to create small projects for beginners?

I understand the fundamentals of Javascript; Variables, if statement, loops and altering HTML elements, but I feel like my knowledge is still very limited because I havent really put Javascript together to see the real power of it.

When I completed learning HTML and CSS, my first objective was to build a website so I can build more of an understanding and so far so good. But with Javascript, I am lost. I am kind of struggling to build an understanding on how to use the different aspects of Javascript and combine them to create small programs or projects. I feel this is the only real way I will grasp a decent understanding of the language. Bare in mind I am a beginner so I am looking for something not overly easy, but at the same time not too hard. I feel a bit demoralized because I have come a long way but I can not seem to progress with building my knowledge further and fulfilling my dream of becoming a front end web developer.

I'm not sure if this is what you wanted, but these are some simple assignments:
    1) Choose a random number between 1-1000 and give the user ten tries to guess it, telling the user if the guess is correct, too high, or too low.
    2) Give the user a place to enter a, b, and c then give both roots of a quadratic equation or that it is impossible to solve.
    3) Calculate the monthly payment of a loan given the amount being borrowed, interest rate (divide by 12 before starting to use, i.e., 12% annually is 1% monthly), and length of the loan (convert to months).

The formulas for 2 & 3 are readily available and will give you practice on the Math functions as well as reading data from a formatted screen and writing data to an answer field.

Hope that's enough to get you started. Good luck!

Thread Information