dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: New to web development, how do i do this:

New to web development, how do i do this:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/smoothie

as the title says, im new to web development and im trying to learn how to buildweb apps and interactive websites. One thing im trying to replicate is the site above. How would one do something like this? specifically the filling up animation? Would I use javascript(I'm assuming so) or PHP?
    Can i dynamically generate new divs for each ingredient filled into the container? Or would i create several invisible divs, which i would then manipulate based on the user input? Would I use some animation support like HTML5 Canvas, controlled by javascript?

I'm not looking for actual code, but more of a pointer on how one would recreate this functionality?

PS im new to web dev but not software development in general, if that helps

Okay, first, JavaScript is a programming language for front-end, so any animations should be done with it or with some of its Frameworks (like ReactJS and React Native). And PHP is a back-end language, so none of the interface tasks can be done with it.
    If you need more information about ReactJS or React Native, you can read these articles.
    I don't really know about the divs and how to manage it, but I hope this could be still helpful.

Animations are to be done with JavaScript and its frameworks.

Can i dynamically generate new divs for each ingredient filled into the container?
    Yes you can and I recommend doing so. You can animate the height of such divs by use of CSS3 animation.

Would I use some animation support like HTML5 Canvas, controlled by javascript?
    Yes, using canvas is an alternative procedure. When it comes to animations I recommend using a framework like jCanvas which makes this easy.

First you have to learn web development programming from w3school to redesign your website.

As a reference W3school is the best to startup any language. Apart from that, there are much material available on youtube, you can take help from that. Check out what latest trends, now these days about your language.

Hello cHasler
    As you have described, you want to fill animation. You should use the javascript for animation and you can also use the dynamically divs for that. It will be better rather than use several divs.

Web Development **Links removed by Site Staff so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**
    Last edited by Train; 11-28-2017 at 11:26 AM.

The best information on this topic can be found at W3Schools site. In addition to the standard way of defining the DTD, there is an alternative method - called XML Schema.

At W3Schools site there is also the validator to validate xml code.

At W3Schools site there is also the validator to validate HTML code.

Hello,

If you have to work with animations and front-end development task then you should understand both programming language which is used to front-end and back-end development. Clarification about codes and its cleanliness is mandatory to start a project.

Thread Information