dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Choosing between Tables and CSS for laptops vs mobiles: What is the current trend?

Choosing between Tables and CSS for laptops vs mobiles: What is the current trend?

I dummied this in 15 hours total or 20 hours including reading about all 291 web developers in my co

http://www.webdevelopernz.org/

What is the current trend on using tables with 100% width vs css with 100% width?

On the above page I can plan for width of say laptops or mobile phones.

Should I just draft for device detect of mobile phone or laptop then allow for both or what is the current market trend?

It's really not a "trend" any more: you use CSS for page layout/appearance; and you use tables only for the markup of actual tabular data. A CSS/JS framework such as Bootstrap can make it relatively painless to design for multiple screen sizes.
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

Just wondering about new config.

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    It's really not a "trend" any more: you use CSS for page layout/appearance; and you use tables only for the markup of actual tabular data. A CSS/JS framework such as Bootstrap can make it relatively painless to design for multiple screen sizes.
    So you usually now have to make up a set for say 'laptop screens' and 'mobiles'?

Warning: I'm first and foremost a server-side/database guy. When I'm stuck with doing client-side, my go-to is to use Bootstrap; and I putz around with it until I get something good enough. My blog, such as it is (see signature, below), uses it for its formatting -- such as it is with my limited graphic skills. It handles a lot of the screen-size differences pretty automatically, as long as you mark up your HTML elements with appropriate class values.

http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/

For more info, other options, and more expert advice, you'll have to consult with the client-side gurus here.
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

You can make use of responsive plugin like bootstrap to improve your mobile and Laptop layout.
    But it is a no no to use table for layout.
    Table shown be use for only tabular layout.

Thread Information