dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: When clicking a link, it goes to that link ,plus making a variable equal to something

When clicking a link, it goes to that link ,plus making a variable equal to something

I have 2 pages(page-1 and page-2) that have the same link to go this one page (lets say page-3). There are two ways to page-3 because those 2 pages carry different variable. Page-1 brings $num = 1, and page-2 brings $num = 2. Then, page-3 will use those values to do certain things. How to bring those values exactly? because Url is just an address, and theres no way to bring any value in it.

there's a picture if you don't see my situation. tq

Attachment 17517

because Url is just an address, and theres no way to bring any value in it.
    That's not true:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Query_string

You can use "example.com/somepage?page=1", and page will be available however the programming language/framework you use stores GET key/value pairs. For example, in PHP, $_GET['page'] would equal 1 in this case.

There are techniques that can make "prettier" URLs, such that it might look like "example.com/somepage/1", and the web server and/or application settings would be used to send that to the "sompage" script with the page value of 1.
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

Thread Information