dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Transferring my new windows 7 Product key to another windows 7 machine.

Cool Transferring my new windows 7 Product key to another windows 7 machine.

Hello Guys,
    I bought a new laptop with a good configuration and it have an original windows 7.I have an other machine so i'm thinking about Transferring my new product key to old pc.
    The New laptop product key is OEM version.so is it possible to change it ?
    people are saying OEM version of product keys are "Married to mother board to life" so can't change.so it true?is there any way i can Transfer this to other pc?

Why transfer? You can download and install Win 10 on it. Just use the Win 7 key. Done it several times.

no i mean i want to use Ubuntu In my new laptop.
    old lap top window 7 only so i want to activate old pc with new laptops product key.

My trick was to purchase some 120 and 240 GB SSDs and swap out the hdd.

But that is easy with my Dell 630 and 6430 laptops. Yes I run AntiX 16 and can deal with MX-16. Hate Ubuntu and that whole family.
    Yes, they were refurbished.

i want to activate old pc with new laptops product key.
    Well the new one should be Win 10, I would clone the hdd and place the clone in the old Win 7 laptop and see if it will boot.Tried it 3 times and have been successful all 3 times.

As for replacing a Win 7 key with a Win 10 key impossible, as the win 10 key is in the cloud and not on our computers.

Exchanging a Windows permit isn't something the normal PC client will ever need to do. The vast majority will buy a PC with a Windows permit reinstalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevan Saldanha View Post
    no i mean i want to use Ubuntu In my new laptop.
    old lap top window 7 only so i want to activate old pc with new laptops product key.
    This still does not make sense. Why put a Win 7 licence on a machine that already has Win 7 installed?

That said, it can be done quite easily and I haven't had any problems using OEM licences.

Thread Information