dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: I need your help/advise

Question I need your help/advise

Good day,

Pls I am a Newbie here and a novice in website design, though I have a couple of websites built with WYSIWYG/WordPress.

Please advise me on the best theme/way to build my proposed site: the site is meant to be a Market Hub, where agents/subscribers registered and upload their wears. i.e. a website of Vendors' multiple stores. I am mostly use to WordPress and would appreciation recommendation for WordPress Theme/Template.

Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the site. You may be lucky and get advice here, but your query is really too vague. We help with specific coding issues.

Postscript: I very much doubt that web sites of the kind you want are built with WP themes. I'd really expect them to be bespoke code. But I could be wrong...
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 07-17-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Yes, what do you really want to do and achieve?

Thank Chocnut
    I am working on a Marketplace website. Where Vendors can sign in/register, at the front end, create and manage their own online stores. I hope you understand my explanation.
    Thank you.

Thank you Jedaisoul

Any time you're talking about a site that is going to involve financial transactions, I would be very hesitant to depend on WordPress and plug-ins, as you are then at the mercy of hoping all that code (a) actually does things correctly, and (b) does not have any security flaws/holed (intentionally or accidentally). Remember, anyone who uses your site will go after you with their lawyers if something goes wrong, not after the open source community that created all that software you used.

Therefore, whatever you decide to do, I strongly suggest you find someone with the necessary technical background you can partner with in order to make you implementation decisions based on knowing what you are actually providing to clients to use with -- as much as reasonably possible -- a degree of confidence that you won't be digging yourself a potential financial black hole.

Take that advice with a grain of salt, since I know there are people out there using WordPress for all sorts of things, including selling stuff; but you may have an additional layer of responsibility here since you're talking about providing a solution for other people to sell stuff.
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

Thanks so much for your invaluable advise, NogDog. You are highly appreciated

Thread Information