dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to prevent auto-loading addit. stuff when scrolling to the bottom of web page?

How to prevent auto-loading addit. stuff when scrolling to the bottom of web page?

Lets start again with a sample web page:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/window...-corrupt-files

Let the browser give a second to load the web page completely.
    Then scroll with the browsers vertical scrollbar to the bottom of the page.

As you can observe the embedded code somehow detects that the user scrolled to the end and loads+appends additional stuff from webserver.
    In this case its all the comments from users to the article above.

How can I prevent this delayed auto-loading? When the user scrolls to the bottom nothing else should be loaded.

Second, related question: How can I tell the web page already at first load time to load all possible stuff at the bottom even if the user did not scroll?

Thank you
    Peter

I would say that you should look at the code and find the mouse event for the window and remove the event listener that is attached to the mouse event or onscroll event, whichever is tied to the event that is triggered when you move the mouse wheel or scroll bar.

If you can post the code you are having a problem with and use forum BBCode tags to wrap the block of code you are having a problem with, it helps you get a quicker answer.
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

I see no delay, but then the server may not be slammed and the network between me and the site may not be in heavy use either.

Thread Information