dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Help me my computer became too slow

Help me my computer became too slow

My computer lags and I don't know why, what can I do?

Disk Cleanup

I would download Malwarebytes and scan the machine.
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/ (look for the free version)
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Look at the process manager - if there is a process which uses very much cpu/memory - google it and find informatin about it. Probably you are infected with malware. Always use antivirus program.

Your hard disk should remain at least 70% empty to gain optimal performance from your drive, this was often the problem my ex had, despite telling her over and over, she would fill the drive up to almost 99%.

You can have other bottlenecks in your system, you need to identify what the problem is (based on what you are doing).

Common issues are lack of RAM, doubling the amount of ram is not only the quick fix but also the cheapest way of determining if your slow down is due to programs expecting more RAM and using the swap drive more.

Your internet connection can be another bottleneck, slow internet is often too many users on that node at once, your contention ratio may have been altered by the ISP you use.

Without more information about where your slow down is, its like going hunting for game in the dark...
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

Cleaning out the Temp files is a good place to start.
    My tool of choice is TFC by oldtimer
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files...r-by-oldtimer/

Recovered 123 GB as the largest clean up so far.
    Download and run it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Quco View Post
    My computer lags and I don't know why, what can I do?
    What OS do you have?

Thanks guys for very helpful tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Miril View Post
    What OS do you have?
    Mac. Actually, what software for Mac is good? It doesn't matter free or paid

Quote Originally Posted by Quco View Post
    Thanks guys for very helpful tips!

Mac. Actually, what software for Mac is good? It doesn't matter free or paid
    Sometimes it's enough to clean up your PC and all errors and problems are disappearing. As for software for Mac, I can recommend a great and useful list of free software - XXXXXX. By the way, you can find a lot of tips and helpful information for Mac users on this website, just check it out.

** Url removed by site administrator. **

Miril - I couldn't help but notice that you and Quco are posting from the exact same IP Address. Please explain.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

there is many reason to have slow computers like virus,full loaded storage,using high graphic application.
    You can update you anti virus and scan whole computer to find virus.if you find virus then delete it or setup your computer.if you have loaded full storage then you should cleanup your disk.there is more way to solve slow computer issue But if you setup your computer then your computer will be fresh again easily.

It sounds like you could have a virus or other malware. Get your antivirus program up to date and boot into Safe Mode. Note that some viruses can hide themselves from your antivirus program in normal mode, so you really need to scan in Safe Mode. To get into Safe Mode when you first power up, hit F8 about once a second until you get the menu and select Safe Mode. Then run a full system scan.
    -
    Microsoft has suggestions and offerings at
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/how-do-I-remove-a-computer-virus
    -
    MS forum moderator Keith has some suggestions along this line at
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working/6ab02526-5071-4dcc-895f-d90202bad8b3
    -
    If that fixes it, fine. If not, use System Restore to go back to a date prior to the beginning of the problem. To run System Restore, click Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore. Click the box that says Show more restore points.
    -
    You can check for corrupted system files. Open an administrator command prompt and run SFC if the above doesn't help. Click START, then type CMD in the search box, right-click CMD.EXE and click Run as administrator. Then from the command prompt type sfc /scannow.
    -
    Finally if all else fails, you can check the rather cryptic system event log. To do that click Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer. Once in Event Viewer click on the system log and scroll through the entries looking for those flagged "error" to see if you can find hints as to where the problem could be.
    `
    When you get your system back in good working order, I urge you to back your system up to an external hard drive and make regular periodic updates to it.
    -
    I hope this helps. Good luck!

It sounds like you could have a virus or other malware. Get your antivirus program up to date and boot into Safe Mode. Note that some viruses can hide themselves from your antivirus program in normal mode, so you really need to scan in Safe Mode. To get into Safe Mode when you first power up, hit F8 about once a second until you get the menu and select Safe Mode. Then run a full system scan.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Clean, look for viruses =) better to go to some place to do that, if you never did it by yourself

Thread Information