dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need advice on building a portfolio

Need advice on building a portfolio

Hi everyone!

I am currently working on my first e-commerce website based on WordPress. Before that I've made a couple of WordPress Blogs and some basic home pages. All in all nothing special to write home about. In all of these occasions I bought "paid" WordPress themes and just filled them with my clients' content, installed specific plug-ins and made a tweak or two. As I said nothing special. I am by far no WordPress professional, but I would like to become one in the near future. I like the way how things are going with me making basic websites in WordPress and would like to start building a portfolio.

My question is: Isn't it pathetic to list a bunch of websites in my portfolio for which I have used paid themes, as I cannot create them on my own (at least not yet)?

I just want to be able to show potential clients that I have already done this before and have some experience in putting a WordPress site together. That's all.

I'd be glad to hear your opinion on that.

In this digital era, portfolio is a must! Wix is pretty intuitive for setting up a portfolio. Wix templates are free, so giving them a go has never been easier – especially if you’re on a limited budget. Here you can find some tips on how to get creative with your portfolio -**Links removed by Site Staff so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.** . Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Train; 09-01-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Thread Information