dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Web development map integration feature... HELP!

Web development map integration feature... HELP!

Hello!

I have this idea for my site where I need to integrate a map feature where I have a zoom in/out full United States map that a user can use their zip code to upload photos or videos to it. The information goes into that specific zip code area on the map so others can view it.

Thanks in advance for absolutely any help!

How is this different from google maps or other map services?

Hi and welcome to the site. I suspect that the task you have set is many times more complex than you realize! So start by listing the functionality you require, split by back-end (database, file storage etc.) and front-end (display, data-capture etc.). Then you can research the functionality piece by piece, identifying the language(s) and tools you will require to implement them. This could be an excellent project for learning how to sub-divide a major project into bite-sized chunks and then implementing them.

I suspect what you want is like when you drag the yellow man over google maps and you see little dots for uploaded photos, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sternco View Post
    I suspect what you want is like when you drag the yellow man over google maps and you see little dots for uploaded photos, right?
    Yes, thats it. Except there would be a given radius that each set of photos would be on the map, which is given their place by zip (area) code.
    Not only that, I need it to be accessible to other users to upload the photos themselves.

BUMP

I have discovered a similar map like I'm looking for in the "Places" album on the iPhone. The difference is, I need it to be editable by users to add their own photos or videos to it.

Thread Information