dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How can we track the yahoo organic keywords in GA?

Question How can we track the yahoo organic keywords in GA?

Hi all,

We have successfully track the Google organic search keywords in Goggle analytic. How can we track the Yahoo and Bing organic search keywords list in Google analytic?.

Expert, Kindly share the solution!!!

I would never come to the idea that I should track a competitor search engine's keywords with Google Analytics. Yahoo mus have their own solution for this...

Recently, it came to my attention that an outside affiliate was buying PPC search words for a term on Yahoo and Bing. However, when we checked that specific term in our Google Analytics it only shows up as an organic keyword and not as a paid keyword which it is.

There is a option to track the organic keywords from Yahoo in Google Analytics.
    *You have to select the "organic channel" as primary dimension under Acquisition and select the "source/medium" as secondary dimensions.
    *Then click the advanced button ==> type "Yahoo" in secondary dimension ==> select the condition "containing"

You will get the Yahoo organic keywords. Most of the time it will show like "not set" or "not provided"

You should have to use Google Analytics properly. It always shows how much traffic comes through which

Quote Originally Posted by bangthetable View Post
    There is a option to track the organic keywords from Yahoo in Google Analytics.
    *You have to select the "organic channel" as primary dimension under Acquisition and select the "source/medium" as secondary dimensions.
    *Then click the advanced button ==> type "Yahoo" in secondary dimension ==> select the condition "containing"

You will get the Yahoo organic keywords. Most of the time it will show like "not set" or "not provided"
    Hi,

I am unable to find the advance option in Google analytic secondary dimension. So, please share any other option.

Quote Originally Posted by urbansoft View Post
    Hi,

I am unable to find the advance option in Google analytic secondary dimension. So, please share any other option.
    Simply click on the organic search section and in secondary dimension add filter as source or medium. In that section, you will come across with the organic keywords of Yahoo and Bing search engine.

Just manually type in "yahoo" in the "organic channel" tab. That is the most easy way to see this. It is really strange you want to track yahoo traffic via google analytics tho.

You can manually check the keywords by searching its position in Yahoo search bar.

Quote Originally Posted by vicky_shah View Post
    You can manually check the keywords by searching its position in Yahoo search bar.
    Hi,

I have asked how can we track the yahoo organic "keywords"(which keywords bring the traffic) traffic in Google Analytics.???

Thread Information