dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: putting sound on my web site

putting sound on my web site

#1 I use a Mac OSX.2.6...I don't know anything about computers. I am trying to learn. I have a websiste that I just got online.http://www.poetreebear.com. I want music on it..But I don't know how to do it. I built the site using Stone Studios. Then to publish the site I purchashed AnythingEmail...not knowing that they don't support Mac, so they recommended CuteMac1 to upload the site. That finally worked. Now how do I get music? I don't want ugly organ midi's...I have a neat Ozzy mp3 and it plays...but when I go to the sit on-line it takes forever to load. and there's a message that I don't have the proper plug-in...It's a Quicktime. Can anyone out there tell me in Dummy language what to do, where I can go? or if it's an impossible dream?

please... no music... please...

Music is bad!! I agree with the cheat.

The music on the webpage cause that the page takes forever to load (think about people with 56k modems or less)!!

And very often is not the music that goes nice with the context. That is why you shouldn't spent much time arround some more learning about computers .

awwwwwww

The poetry specifically mentions the songs...so they do fit the context...are we all sure music is bad? I see some sites that have music and they're really nice. I was really hoping for help and you guys make me cry Go look at my site...keep in mind I'm new at this and don't even know html....but I am an award winning poet If I get ten messages that say no music, I guess I'll go without it...but it's so boring without music. hey thanks for responding though.

Yes, you may think it is nice, but what about your visitors? Me, personally, I often visit websites listening to music, and the one thing I hate is when I go to a site with background music, which is NEVER of good quality and way more often then not, I', not all that fond of it. Though, if you must have music available, why not embed a player so that users can choose to play, stop, pause, fwd, rew it? That at least gives visitors a choice, thought the loading speed of the page will still take forever.

EDIT: Sorry, the code for that would simply be:

<embed src="Ozzy.mp3"></embed>
    Last edited by MstrBob; 06-04-2004 at 06:15 PM.

Lightbulb Good Queastion

My Mac doesn't have a lot of things available as some computers do. So I have to beg borrow and steal what I can. As you know Macintosh is very priatorial...so you have to use their software, hardware, etc. It's very expensive also. Unlike Microsoft who shares with everyone...If you have any other computer you can do anything. I purchased a program for sound streming...didn't know it was windows only...(Duh) But he's been nice enough to load the music on the page for me. His program does something techinical I don't understand...so that the pages still load fast, but as for giving the readers a choice, they won't have one LOL...but I can ask him. Someone really should get in touch with the rotten apple about this. Man does not live by graphics alone....The school systems here used to use Apple exclusively, but they've gone to IBM...should tell them something.

Wink Hmmm..

the code you need is

<embed src="yourmusicfilename.mp3" width="2" height="2"
    autostart="true" hidden="true">

note that where i have an mp3 extension you should write the one that your own file has..
    better try to use midi files.. they are a bit crappy (hehe!) but they are small, so ideal for a website.. or just use a low quality mp3!

hope i have helped..

Metalhead

Talking Thank you

So far you're the only positive feedback. I agree about midi's. I purchased a program called Soundstream..(not for mac's Duh) but he's putting the music on the site for me. He's an Aussie...Good people those Down Under guys. He told me to just find what I want and send him the urls....most of it is midis...but some of them are good quality. I sent him 2 mp3s and he's converting them or something...Thanks for at least being positive. Oh I don't know how much music he has on it yet...but if you wanna give it a look it's http://www.poetreebear.com
    Last edited by a_bear; 06-05-2004 at 02:40 PM.

Thread Information