dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: My site suspended for Excessive Consumption - Help! Hosting Gave me 48 hours to fix

My site suspended for Excessive Consumption - Help! Hosting Gave me 48 hours to fix

Hi there!

First of all, sorry If I am posting on the wrong forum, mods feel free to move the post if necessary.

I started a personal blog on WordPress on January 2017. The site is http://psiqueduelo.com.
    The site is mainly designed to write articles. That's all I do, I write blog“s post and that's it. I say this because the hosting provider asked me what was the purpose of the web.

At this time, I have like 25 posts and a metric of 170 - 270 daily visitors.

The thing is this morning my site got suspended for excessive consumption of resources that heavily affect the hosting provider. (That's what they told me via ticket).

The hosting provider told me my site could be infected or that I have a problem with my website optimization or else there's a plugging running without permission causing the excessive resources consumption... They enabled my site back & they gave 48 hours to try to fix the issue. They told me to reply back after deleting all plugins to see if it improved or not.

Now I am here looking for some help. Is there anything I can do to check what may be causing the supposedly high demand of recourses in my site? I don't know if it's just my crappy hosting service :/. They told me my site exceeds the resources by more than 1000% of my hosting pack.

I will provide a list with the Plugins I am using:

- Akismet Anti-Spam by Automattic
    - Async JavaScript by Clough I.T. Solutions
    - Cookie“s notice by dFactory
    - Contact form by Web-Settler
    - Disqus Comment System by Disqus
    - Jetpack by WordPress.com
    - kk Star Ratings by Kamal Khan
    - Loginizer by Raj Kothari
    - MyThemeShop Theme/Plugin Updater
    - Re-add text underline and justify by Brice Capobianco
    - Shareaholic | By Shareaholic
    - Table of Contents Plus - Michael Tran
    - UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore - UpdraftPlus.Com, DavidAnderson
    - W3 Total Cache
    - WP Review
    - WP Shortcode by MyThemeShop
    - WP Tab Widget
    - Yoast SEO

I already deleted MashShare Plugin :c

Please any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks guys in advance

Find that hard to believe, if the host says you have a virus then it is up to them to isolate and fix the problem and advise you what they did to resolve the problem.

You are paying for a service and if they are operating a poorly constructed server and serversides then the problem is fairly and squarely in their court.
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

Quote Originally Posted by \\.\ View Post
    Find that hard to believe, if the host says you have a virus then it is up to them to isolate and fix the problem and advise you what they did to resolve the problem.

You are paying for a service and if they are operating a poorly constructed server and serversides then the problem is fairly and squarely in their court.
    Thank you for your reply, so if it were that my site was infected, they should fix it then? :s

if the host says you have a virus then it is up to them to isolate and fix the problem and advise you what they did to resolve the problem.
    That is what he is saying.

I appreciate that you have not asked for a critique of your site, but I've had a quick look at it, and I can't imagine why you need so many plug-ins!!! Its a simple blog, addressing a serious topic, but the content is being smothered by the technology.

There are also serious structural errors:
    - Content on the home page is duplicated.
    - A link supposedly leading to a page explaining the use of the term "duel" links back to the home page instead.
    - <div> (block) elements within <a> (inline) elements. This is not permitted. Use <span> instead.
    - <a> internal hyperlinks (i.e. to the same site) are absolute. You should use relative addresses instead.

Basically, the site is a mess, and this may even be contributing to the excessive demand on resources. So, I'd suggest that you should:
    1. Set up a development area (if you do not have one already).
    2. Copy the live site to the development area (so you can make major changes without directly affecting the live site).
    3. In the development area:
    - Strip out the plug-ins, so you can focus on the basics.
    - Validate the HTML (and CSS) and fix the errors.
    - Add back the minimum of plug-ins one at a time, so you can check that each is working correctly.
    4. When you are ready:
    - Back-up the live site (in case you have to step back).
    - Update the live area from the development area.
    - Check that the live area is functioning correctly.
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 10-12-2017 at 04:17 AM.

It is up to the host to help you in this problem, if it is a virus of some sort then that is your hosts problem... they should be the ones fixing that sort of problem.

If the problem is a script on your site, then their server logs will tell them the exact script(s) and what paths on the server to look at.

IMHO you should put the ball back in their court and push for help as you are paying them for a service which includes technical back up, a host can not sell a service unless they also provide technical assistance and help when requested, so if they have a ticket system or a contact centre, start a service ticket, email them or call them.

I have had various run-ins with hosts in the past who are all too ready to take your money but as soon a SHTF, they bail out. I could tell you about a host who failed to secure their server, tried to blame me and tried to charge me £140 and demanded payment before I could use the customer service ticket system for assistance.

Another host has such poor backend security that a website of mine got destroyed and again, the host tried to blame me until I pointed out a few facts and made it clear that I had just recently finished a Network Administrators course and I wasn't your average confused mullet brained client and that they need to pay attention to the facts that they still tried to dispute with Trading Standards, this was another hosting company who wanted to charge me £79 to rectify the problem, strange considering that was the cost of a years hosting, so what they wanted me to do was start a new hosting plan... not fix the problem.

Most important thing to remember is that the web hosting market is full of cut throat vendors who are eager for business, so your host as they currently stand are in a precarious place, you have the option to port your domain to another host, they may want a release fee for letting the transfer through but the receiving host would do most of the work because they will if they want your business.

Companies need reminding that times are tough at the moment and that puts the customer back on that pedestal of "Customer is King" again, companies need reminding of how they generate income to pay people in those jobs.
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

Thread Information