www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new subsilvernet.com

Hybrid View

The new subsilvernet.com

Hello. I changed my site:
    http://www.subsilvernet.com
    to a blog. It is valid CSS and XHTML 1.0 Strict. I think its the best site I've ever made, and I would like to get the url out and have some feedback on the design and content.

I like the design very much.

AAA

Is it AAA compatable? See the bobby validator at watchfire.com or cynthiasays.com for more details.

PS. I think the vertical scrolling is too long.

I dunno... looks fine to me. I haven't seen the idea with the overlap tihng before, which is nice. My only problem is that all sites using xBlogLite seem to be pretty similiar looking. Is it possible skin it via CSS? If so I might play with some skins after the 23rd.

Yes it is possible. My site is down because I am doing a major modification on xBlog lite. I am changing the files to look more like xBlog Pro beta like the one running on ryan brill. Instead of having numbers as the file name, it will have a directory with the title in it, and a index.php file with the content in it. That is why its so messed up right now

What overlap thing?

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    Originally posted by zachzach
    What overlap thing?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fabioDRN.com

yay zach! There is a problem on the right side of the page, allow me to ss it. Also your php is not rendering, just thought I would let you know. But I am glad you are getting the layout stuff together. I remember when you tried to rip off that juno layout, but now you are making stuff your own way, and it looks great! You have bucks to hack out now. Truthfully I would have constructed this differently, I would have nested the divs in a different way. Your method will work, but it looks a bit more wild to me. Also, I do things with top left right bottom absolute and relative positioning, I am not as heavy on the margin positioning as some of the others on these forums. I find it harder to control too at times. But thats just me I can't speak for the others.
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 06-07-2004 at 02:08 AM.

sorry before i didnt have time to describe about the problems wit ur site. in that picture which i attached above. it shows stuff on your website which says ""onfocus="if (this.value == 'URL') { this.value = ''; }" /> i dnt no if that is supposed to be visible. you have that next to all your form field elements.
    Also in K-Meleon, -im assuming this will display the way its supposed to look in IE, but your previous blog entries are soo narrow, i also just uploaded another image, your text box, does not allign with your table, if it supposed to allign with your table you should fix that - u can see that in both images i uploaded . i am not a fan of your colour scheme but thats my opinion. um what i do like which i havnt seen anybody else yet do* is your navagation at the top when you move your mouse over links it changes the underline colour i like that, its a good idea** lol good work jst fix up that code showing, and the posts being so narrow. (btw its viewed at 800x600 and with k-meleon tha best browser for a crap computer)

*yes maybi other blog sites hav this but i dnt look at em
    **i hope u dnt mind me using a similar one for my sites
    fabioDRN.com

^^^^^^^ Sorry

i forgot to upload the image before i clicked post silly me.
    fabioDRN.com

Actually, by overlap tihng I just meant the way your darker links layer overlaps the other a bit. And I meant it as a good thing.

I like the design..... but look how long the homepage, goes down, i cant see people reading all that.
    Never Fear Plod Is here

Lol peofeo!
    Ummm....Well I'm a begginner at this accessibility stuff, but I think I'm catching on. Theres some mega wierd bugs that I need help with. Cuz I dont know like any hacks at all becuase I'm new at css(real good css at least...lol). So if some one could help me.

All this needs to come later. The reason for the narrow entries, wierd lineups, unparsed php, and the constant disaperence of my content is because I am doing a super large modifcation to xBlog Lite. Read more here.

Hope you guys enjoy the site!

PS:
    Could anyone help me with this line of PHP code?
    PHP Code:
    $numberA preg_replace("/<!--number\[^\d{5}\]-->$/","$1",$split2[0]); 
    The probelm is simple. I dont know exactly how to make the inside of a <!--number[ANY FIVE DIGIT NUMBER]--> work. Like match any five digit number. I'll prob figure it out...but...well who knows!

OH...lol...now I get what you guys ment about the overlap thing....wasn't supposed to do that. Noiw I see how to fix it!

I like the idea of the mouse over background change on the links in the right side menu, but perhaps you could change the colors of the background/text on the hover? It's somewhat difficult to read when you hover over them.

Also in your description of bad sites, you have some text that is italic and a light brown color, also difficult to read. I suggest some color with better contrast with the grey background.

You also have several misspelled words, maybe just run a spell check on your pages? But I guess that isn't really a design complaint.

Nice looking site otherwise.

Thread Information