dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Are children allowed to drink energy drinks?

Are children allowed to drink energy drinks?

My 12-year-old boy just recently purchased a Monster energy drink and he justified to me that he needs to study his lessons for a big test the next day. Is this healthy?

The caffeine content of most Monster Energy drinks is approximately 10 mg/oz (33.81 mg/100ml),[12][13] or 160 mg for a 16 oz can. The packaging usually contains a warning label advising consumers against drinking more than 48 oz per day (16 oz per day in Australia). The drinks are not recommended for pregnant women or people sensitive to caffeine.

In December 2011, 14-year-old Anais Fournier died of "cardiac arrhythmia due to caffeine toxicity" after drinking two 710 ml (24 US fl oz) cans of Monster Energy drink containing a combined amount of ~475 mg caffeine.

Heck I will not touch the garbage.

In short, no, eating a banana will do more for learning processes than caffeine that is a stimulant and like most stimulants, your attention to learning is diminished and attention span is reduced as well as affecting the memory, caffeine is not good for you.
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

Yes, children are allowed to drink energy drinks if their parents let them. I think what you meant was "Are energy drinks good for children?" The answer to that is no.

Completey agree with maxbrainer

energy drinks are not healthy for anyone. period!

Thank you all. Just an update on this. After a visit with their guidance counselor, our son is no longer allowed to buy or drink energy drinks and we educated him on this. We were surprised that these drinks are available at their school canteen and we immediately reported it to the Principal.

Thread Information