dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Error 2003 MySQL 5.5.57 Raspian

Error 2003 MySQL 5.5.57 Raspian

I am trying to set up replication across 2 raspberry Pi's, MYSQL master and slave. I have had this set up working before. The problem I get is that the slave IO thread constantly says 'Connecting' and then does not connect. The Slave SQL is running.

I have unique server ID in the my.cnf files, I have deleted all log files in the /var/log/mysql folders and restarted mysql. I have the correct user on the master, the correct IP address for the Master, basically, I have set this up by the book. My error log is giving me a code 2003, network error, but I can ping, VNC, SSH and use PhpMyAdmin on the master. All work perfectly. I can even log in using PhpMyAdmin on the master from the slave Pi. I have used Netsat to check port 3306. All ok.

Is this a bug? I have been trying everything on Google for 3 days. I'm out of ideas.

This could be anything...

Software, hardware setting, switch setting, faulty cable...

Are you sure that the mysql service is running properly on both devices and you can access both from an external device linked to the network.

Have you ruled out that its not a faulty cable or a connector needs cleaning, that the devices you are using have had the IP addresses of the devices correctly and that they have unique ip addresses, I assume you did that bit correctly because you said that "All worked Perfectly" so that means something may not be working or running that needs starting again...
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

Thank you for the response.

I have tried changing the network cables and I can also access both Pi's from an Ubuntu 16.04 pc on the network. Fully confident it's a MYSQL fault not a simple hardware issue. I was hoping it would be a recognised fault. Guessing not.

Should have also said that I tried to set the Ubuntu machine up as a slave and it also could not connect to the master.

Logic therefore suggests the Ethernet port on the Pi, but why can it connect with all the other services and not MYSQL even though it checks out correctly? I really am baffled.

I've had a further thought that will require checking elsewhere. I modified the Pi to run from a USB memory stick rather than the fragile SD card. I wonder if the serial port architecture could be the issue.

I found a work around that seems to have solved all the problems. I set the bind address in the master my.cnf to the local IP of the Pi. In this case 192.168.1.128. I then changed the mysqli_connect connection string in the website to point to that IP address instead of the standard 127.0.0.1. Everything seems to work now, but I still haven't figured out why. I've been doing this stuff for 20 years now and I've never seen that solution, which scares me a little! If I do find any problems, I'll post back.

Super Moderator, thanks for your time yesterday.

Thread Information