dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Completely new, need help

Completely new, need help

I'm working on a pdf form. What I have are several fields, each with a menu with different information. What I need to do is set it up so that if I choose an option in menu 1, it will autofill the other fields with the information linked to that option. Example would be if I choose a dogs name in that menu, it will automatically fill the other fields with his DOB, registered name, breeder, etc. I've tried several times, but I"m making a mess out of it.

If you are using a PDF and writing code for it, you will need the Adobe forums and user community because ActionScript is not JavaScript.

Web forms in PDF are problematic as you do have to get your form settings correct and also the server-side you use will need to be able to accept a PDF form stream.

I tried this a few years back when I had a PDF tool that allowed me to make such PDF files and it was a real headache ironing out all the problems and it took me asking in the vendors user forums to get the desired answers to my problems.
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

Quote Originally Posted by \\.\ View Post
    If you are using a PDF and writing code for it, you will need the Adobe forums and user community because ActionScript is not JavaScript.

Web forms in PDF are problematic as you do have to get your form settings correct and also the server-side you use will need to be able to accept a PDF form stream.

I tried this a few years back when I had a PDF tool that allowed me to make such PDF files and it was a real headache ironing out all the problems and it took me asking in the vendors user forums to get the desired answers to my problems.
    Not being a smart**, but why do they call it javascript in the pdf program then? Under actions it has an option "run javascript". Now, I'm really confused

Thread Information