dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need help tracking down referral or forwarder or... I don't really know.

Need help tracking down referral or forwarder or... I don't really know.

So here's my situation: I've been tasked with making a few changes to a single page on a site and... I can't find the page!

It's URL is like www.ourwebsite.com/fooneedsfixing/

However, the server's document root does not contain anything called 'fooneedsfixing'.

So what are some examples of things that could be going on here? I'm just looking for some avenues to trace.

I'd start by looking at the .htaccess file in the document root directory (assuming there is one), and see what sort of rewriting it might be doing.
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

Sure that the page is not in a database record?

Like NogDog said, sounds like URL rewriting going on, and I add to that-that the rewrite is going to a single php page like index.pgp with a query appended to that URL and that the data is coming out of a database...
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

Needless to say, if the page is stored in a database, amending it s not going to be as simple as making changes to an HTML page. You will need to find out the CMS (or suchlike) that the site was built with, then learn the basics of using that toolkit. Good luck!

thank you.
    **Links removed by Site Staff so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**
    Last edited by Train; 12-06-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Thread Information