dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Web Hosting Extras

Web Hosting Extras

I've been checking out Host Gator and Go Daddy Web Hosting. The offer I'm looking at is the "Middle" plan which runs for roughly $5/Month. Do I need the extras that that they're recommending or are they just trying to squeeze money out of the users?

The extras I'm talking about are "Backup Your Site" for $2/Month and "Protect Your Site From Hackers" for $1.67/Month.

Also, is the "Middle Plan" good enough for a new E-Commerce site?

Thank you!

EXTRAS !!!!

My web host charges NOTHING for those items.

Web hosts that charge for services that they are already responsible for, like a good firewall to protect their servers and in doing so protect your server, so why do you have to pay for them to do a job that they are LEGALLY BOUND TO PROVIDE as part of their services, this falls under the DPA which many people fail to recognise its far reaching implications and I have used to good effect many times, including derailing a court case with it.

What you need to do is to compare independent hosts that give you all the toys in the box for you to play with should you want to... Best hosting plans are on Linux based hosts as theirs no additional fees.

For comparison... My web host charges 30 a year all in with a domain name.
    I get... Unlimited: bandwidth, data, web data, subdomains, email addresses and I have the additional ssh and bash with the usual tools like mysql, php, python and the list goes on...
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

Backup is always worth it if you're running a database with valuable data.

Is your data worth $2/month? Is it important to your business? Then its worth it.

You could set up your own but then its a hassle and you have to consider the cost of setting it up vs something that is usually quite affordable.

With regards to the hosting plans:

Budget hosts will be "okay". It honestly doesn't matter much which plan you get with them - you won't be able to tell the difference.

How many sales/month are you hoping your E-Commerce website makes?

If you can stretch your budget to $10-15/month, shop around for a quality host that uses SSD hard drives and your website will be drastically better off.

Good luck

Thread Information