dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Oxwall (php script) Signup giving 403 Forbidden error

Cool Oxwall (php script) Signup giving 403 Forbidden error

All files on the website have all permissions given. There shouldn't be any issue. Do you guys have any idea what the issue may be? I've only been working with php for about a year now. I'm using x10hosting.

This is not a PHP issue, its a server issue and it is something you need to get a help ticket and advice from you web host.

If you have changed permissions, I do suggest that you review your settings because it is likely that you did this to the server in issuing permissions, hence the 403 error.
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

It can be due to any of a number of reasons. This article seems to give a pretty succinct description of the most likely ones: https://mediatemple.net/community/pr...-error-message
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

Quote Originally Posted by \\.\ View Post
    This is not a PHP issue, its a server issue and it is something you need to get a help ticket and advice from you web host.

If you have changed permissions, I do suggest that you review your settings because it is likely that you did this to the server in issuing permissions, hence the 403 error.
    I gave 7 of 7 permissions (read, write, execute) for the directory (domain.com/websitedirectory). I will go back and check to make sure the directory and all folders within it have 7/7 permissions.

Remember that if you do this in a PHP script, your using Octal values and not Decimal !!!

If the script only needs to access the scripts on the server then chances are your only going to need the settings for read
    , eg
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    // Read and write for owner, nothing for everybody else
    chmod("/somedir/somefile"0600);

// Read and write for owner, read for everybody else
    chmod("/somedir/somefile"0644);

// Everything for owner, read and execute for others
    chmod("/somedir/somefile"0755);

// Everything for owner, read and execute for owner's group
    chmod("/somedir/somefile"0750);
    ?>
    So setting 0644 as the file permissions should be more than enough access for the visitors and your server side program.
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

Thread Information