dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new forum idea

new forum idea

Instead of just business matters, a job offers forum. Because job offers are poping up in other forums and it would be good to consolidate them. Just now int he .net forum someone is offering 80 an hour to do an on location job in sydney. I just took a guy up on an offer to redesign the layout of his whole site.

We can't have any job-related forums, due to a contractual obligation with one of our advertisers.

ahhh. Did not think of that.

I never really thought about it before, but internet.com must make oodles of money from all those adverts, the hosting costs are probably nothing in comparison.
    We are the reason that the adverts get internet.com so much money and for that they provide a public service, a sort of "you scratch our back, we'll scratch yours" relationship.

So the only people who lose out here are the advertisers because we never click on their ads.
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

Originally posted by lavalamp
    I never really thought about it before, but internet.com must make oodles of money from all those adverts, the hosting costs are probably nothing in comparison.
    We are the reason that the adverts get internet.com so much money and for that they provide a public service, a sort of "you scratch our back, we'll scratch yours" relationship.

So the only people who lose out here are the advertisers because we never click on their ads.
    what if internet.com gets paid per click? Then internet.com is getting screwed, maybe we should mass click the ads to get our forum money, SO WE CAN PAY FOR A HOT TUB FORUM!

I don't know if they are pay-per-click, but I don't really look at the ad's anyway, I just scroll past them.

I did notice an asteroids type game at the bottom once which was pretty cool, but I don't know what it was advertising.

I remember one company did ads saying counterstrike was more fun then using their product, thats why they make using their product real fast or something. If couter strick is more fun then I would never use their product, because counter strike is teh suck.

It's a good ad technique, but I'm with you on the whole Counter Strike sucking thing, UT2003 is where it's at.

I more of a mohaas man myself. UT2k3 looks good, but I do not have a working crack right now. I liked halo, but I could not play online with it. BF vietnam is very good.

Ahhh, Halo sucks 4$$. I wasted my money on it but forgot to take it back.
    Enter The Matrix sucks as well, and so does Hitman Contracts.

NFS Underground is way cool though, I got it the day after it came out at a LAN party. I got UT2K4 legally but I'm stuck on the last level (which sucks btw the way, it's the worst map in the game). When I play online I only use UT2K3 though, most people seem not to like 2K4.

Max Payne 2 was a bit of a let down, too similar to the first with boring repetitive "action".

Lan parties are fun. I am going to one tomorrow night (I mentione dit) I am going to drop off my system then see garfeild then go back to the lan (I can see garfeild for free, the manager and my brother are friends and they are gonna see it and they asked me if I wanted to go, noe like 6 people are going).

Unfortunately I don't get to go to many LAN parties, I guess there just not very popular where I live. When I do go to one though, it's 100Mb of fun.

There's a huge organised LAN party somewhere down south that costs like £70 to get in, I would love to go there but it's too far and I can't afford it.

well I pay 20usd to stay all weekend at my lan but to part take in the tourny's it costs more. I suck so I don't play lol.

I'm pretty good with accuracy weapons, so I like to play iDM or iTDM, if I play online though I suck because I'm in dialup and get pings of 300+.

I get my cable internet nice and cheap because my dad can jew down the cable company to giving us a new comer rate all the time. We pay what you might pay for msn or aol for broadband (with a 3mbit download rate, only 256k upload though).

Thread Information