dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: anybody fancy reviewing this site?

anybody fancy reviewing this site?

Hi all, a few conflicting views about this site. http://test.odysseyuk.co.uk/patio-heaters-uk i want something clean clear and concise. Some people think it's plain! I'd like to hear all your views if that's okay.
    It's an e commerce site although none of the add to basket buttons work (cause it's only a test site).
    Thanks all.
    One other thing, don't moan about the photos on the site, they were provided by the client and I think they look s**t!

Hard to fault. Maybe the green text 'Patio Heaters UK bring you outdoor warmth with stylish units at incredible prices!' just a tad pale.

How easy would it be to center the whole thing rather than to the left?

Otherwise it's very nice.

For what it worth, since I am new comer.

Your choice of color fonts is not enough color contrast for me. I would have choosen a dark font color. This might be because I am color blind in some ranges of color or maybe it really is too pale of a font color.

You mention the photos, why are they in Macromedia? Is something supposed to happen? In my browser Firefox 0.8 nothing happens they are just static photos. I have to correct plug-in..

It seem forever for you site to load and give a "finished load" sign. This was true on both Firefox and IE.

It takes forever to get the 'finished loading' message cause the picture is actually a flash animation (the heater glows red, subtly). Trouble is I did the animation in Adobe Imageready and exported it as Flash. I don't know how to make the flash load all the frames first before displaying so it loads each frame at a time which is a bit poo. If anyone can help me there that'd be greatly appreciated.
    Think you're both right about the pale green text on the front page too, that needs to be darker. I can't centralise it (at least don't know how too) cause it's got floating layers over the top of the tables! I would like to fix this too, if you can help.

The flash is so subtle it didn't even notice that it was one. Is it really worth it? Or what is be better just to fade between some if the products slowly (and script round those without the flash plugin).

As for centering, place the whole thing within a single table (which is centered) and then place all elements within, positioned relatively (rather than absolutely) to the table (positioned by CSS to be center).

At the bottom. The link for "Enter the site" isn't as big as the links next to it. The image on the right seems to overlap the other menu links on the bottom. There just seems to be small gaps of space, or a partial border at various spots. The design isn't exactly 800X600 friendly. I'm not sure why the image on the left is looks faded and the other image isn't. I would fade both, or neither. For whatever reason, the page is still in loading mode even though everything should have been loaded by now. Ok, it just stopped after a really long peiod of time, and I still don't know what was taking so long.

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    the light green is hard to read make it darker.
    this is my 300th post in 3 months
    Last edited by dera; 06-12-2004 at 09:07 AM.

Thread Information