www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Please review my website

Hybrid View

Please review my website

I started this website quite some time ago but this is my new design. I would love to know what everyone thinks about it. Thank you.
    PS negative critizm always welcome =0)

oops

i'm dumb and forgot to put a link its http://www.mididelight.com

sorry

A very nice site. I like the colours and I like the ease in which it is to find the music you like (which is the main thing). Very difficult to fault. And if I was to say anything bad I'd just be nit picking.

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    content wise this site is great, now have more songs for my fone...

where are all the users in this forum? more feeback please. i want to fully server my visitors and the only way to do that is with feeback.. thank you.

Well for a start your using frames which for accessibility and search engines is not a good thing. Use server side includes.

The site uses tables for layout purposes which you should use css for layout instead.

But from an aesthetics point of view your site looks nice.

Hope this helps you

OK good advice, but I am using server side includes and not using frames, it may look like frames but I hate those darn things.

Althought I am using tables for the navigation, etc... I am also using CSS to position them. I sometimes get annoyed using style sheets for every little bit of code I want and sometimes I just use tables, which, I know, is not proper web design etiquette.

Anyways, thanks for the advice and I was acutally surprised to find that the site looks good on Firefox too. I had never even thought of using it before and so i downloaded it from some other users posts.

More suggestions / hints are welcome, I love being corrected. =0)

Maybe im just having one of these stupid days but you say your not using frames - what is this code here
    PHP Code:
    <html>
    <
    head>
    <
    title>MIDI Delight Free Downloadable MIDI Files</title>
    <
    META name="description" content="Since 1998 MIDI Delight has had the most comprehensive FREE MIDI files of popular bands. Over 1000 files to date and updated frequently.">
    <
    META name="keywords" content="downloadable albums for free midi files, rap midi files, midi file free download, midi file download, jazz midi files, music files, download able albums for free, christian aguilera, broadway midi files, standard, piano, hip hop, outkast midi, maroon 5 midi, evanesence midi, britney spears midi, christina aguilera midi, kenny chesney midi, r &amp; b midi, rap midi file, rock midi file, new midi file, usher midi file, free ringtones">
    </
    head>
    <
    frameset rows="100%,*" border="0">
    <
    frame src="http://www.sbertalotto.com/midi_delight/" frameborder="0">
    <
    frame frameborder="0" noresize>
    </
    frameset>
    </
    html

heh they are using server side includes to apply the frames!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I am glads you pointed this out.

I usually view source by right clicking in the page and selecting view source. But if you choose "View - Source" it displays the source with frames.

I never even created frames for this website it must have been added on by the domain forwarder that I am using. That stinks, although it doesnt create popup adds or anything, I do not know why they are using frames.

It could be so that they can forward the mididelight.com to my other web server. Since they cant add meta tags to my html, frames are the only way of forwarding it, i guess.

Any suggestions?

So now that you can view source by right clicking, you can see that I use CSS now.

Glad you found out how you made your site! heh. Aesethetically it is fine. What you have there can be accomplished fairly easily with CSS. If you wanted to switch then i would reccomend it. Otherwise, well done!

Best Wishes,
    David

Originally posted by mididelight
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh I am glads you pointed this out.

I usually view source by right clicking in the page and selecting view source. But if you choose "View - Source" it displays the source with frames.

I never even created frames for this website it must have been added on by the domain forwarder that I am using. That stinks, although it doesnt create popup adds or anything, I do not know why they are using frames.

It could be so that they can forward the mididelight.com to my other web server. Since they cant add meta tags to my html, frames are the only way of forwarding it, i guess.

Any suggestions?

So now that you can view source by right clicking, you can see that I use CSS now.
    a metatag would do it, or a javascript, search in navagation at http://javascript.internet.com it would be under timed redirection or get the source from my site that uses it http://www.geocities.com/comofash/

ok i made everyone confused, so here it is. I am not using frames for my site, i am using css and php with server side includes. when you view source in your browser you are looking at the source that is created by the company that is forwarding my mididelight.com name to my other server.

if you right click anywhere in the browser window and view source, you will notice that there a link tags to css and php scripts.

anyways, i still look forward to comments and suggestions, even design tips because i get bored alot of the times and like to add little touches to it.

thanks

Originally posted by mididelight
    ok i made everyone confused, so here it is. I am not using frames for my site, i am using css and php with server side includes. when you view source in your browser you are looking at the source that is created by the company that is forwarding my mididelight.com name to my other server.

if you right click anywhere in the browser window and view source, you will notice that there a link tags to css and php scripts.

anyways, i still look forward to comments and suggestions, even design tips because i get bored alot of the times and like to add little touches to it.

thanks
    u cant get php source

Thread Information