www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: "Tilting" HTML text

"Tilting" HTML text

Compared to all of you I am a real beginner, which is reflected in my question (I hope you don't mind):

Working in just HTML, I put together a page that contains 2 zip code charts. The charts are excel worksheets saved as HTML. I simply nested them within the surrounding code.

But on my monitor and on one other person's monitor the zip code charts appear to 'tilt' to the right. If anyone understands why this happens and how to fix it I'd be very grateful.

The link to the page is below.

Thanks!

http://www.focuspointe.net/NJzip.html

Your problem is that you are using Office to generate HTML, and it is not capable of even approaching valid code. You've got bigger problems than tilted test - look at the attached screenshot (taken in Firefox).

Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If youíre not using valid HTML, then you havenít created a Web page. You may have created something else, but it isnít a Web page." - Joe Clark

Do something amazing (USA) | Make Poverty History

A valuable alternative, which would resolve the browser-compatibility issue, would be to use a server-side language, such as ASP to extract the records from the Excel spreadsheet and generate the HTML from there.

The following sites may be helpful.
    www.asp101.com
    www.w3schools.com

Regards,
    Andrew Buntine.

Thread Information