www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Mozilla 0.9rc

Mozilla 0.9rc

there are some nice features to ff, however i feel that it could do with a few more

1) In opera (i think), there is an option to vaidate current page which is very handy for us webdev guys
    2) also in opera (definatly) you have mouse gestures, eg if i middle click a link in opens in a background tab

Are there any other you can think of? In case you were wondering i have just come accross from Opera

In my FF i have DOM inspector extension, with
    1) PHP fuction
    2) eBay UK
    3) Google (obvs)
    4) Novatech
    5) Play.com
    6) Dictionary.com
    searches, a couple of them i have made myself are there any extension, searches that you use and would recommend, i recomend the Play.com search which i made

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...threadid=36750

Thanks
    Rich
    Richard Turner - A Virtual Insight

Well I haven't ever played with FireFox extensively so I don't know how the whole extensions thing works but I think that would be a very handy tool. Maybe I should start to get more familiar with FireFox. I like it as a browser but just don't know about allot of the little cool features like what your talking about. Maybe I just found myself a new project. Investigate FireFox.

o, i just found another feature that is cool, built in access keys, you type say as
    and it searches for links with as in them, handy when you havnt got a mouse or cant be bothered to use it

Oh really? Cool! That will be really useful for me. I'm what you call "a lazy nerd".

Firefox is great if you install some extensions! (is it just me, or is that page not working anymore???) My favorite is the Web Developer Toolbar. It has a bunch of dropdown menus that allow you to disable Cookies, images, Java, Javascript, page colors, referer logging, and styles. Then there's some oterh cool things on there like the validation menu and the outline menu, which allows you to outline certain page elements. There's a helluva lot more on that thing, too!

**EDIT**
    Either mozdev.org is down or something broke
    You won't be able to get extensions for a while
    Windows XP SP2 - theme: Thallos
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ | ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe | 2 * 1024 PC2-6400 Mushkin DDR2-800 | eVGA GeForce 6800XT 256MB | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Music
    5 * 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 3Gb/s in RAID 5 | Lite-On 16x DVD-RW | Mitsumi 7-in-1 Floppy drive and card reader
    Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20" TFT LCD | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G7 Mouse | Seasonic PC160SK Headset

Well that sucks that its down. You make it sound so awsom I wanna go download it but I guess I can't. Oh well. Maybe later.

Yes Texturizer has been seemingly quirky today. You can still get the extension though directly from the Chris Pederick's (the Web Developer extension creator) site: <http://www.chrispederick.com/work/fi...oper/download/>. And pretty much all other extensions (including the "mouse gesture" one) can be found at <http://www.mozdev.org/>.

Oh ok! I'll do that then. Thanks Fred!

I just installed the Developer extention. This is a wounderful tool. It has all the validating functions that you need for web development! I love it!

yeah i installed that its really good and another one which is crap that i dont want but i cant get rid of it, ive gone extensions but its not there, and not in add/remove progs, and ideas?

Thread Information