www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo!

Talking Yahoo!

They're definitely the best email-service on the Web! Today I got this message:

From a Yahoo Service Announcement Email

Notice: Change of service to your Yahoo! Mail account

Dear Yahoo! Mail User,

Thanks for using Yahoo! Mail. It's our goal to offer you an email experience that makes it easy and enjoyable to stay in touch. Periodically, we make service changes to enhance that experience for our users. As of June 15, 2004, you'll enjoy the following benefits:

* Increased storage capacity – from your current level to 100MB
    * Increase in total message size to 10MB
    * A streamlined interface that's even easier to use

You will continue to access your Yahoo! Mail account as usual. No further action is required, and there will be no interruption of your service.

We hope you enjoy the new features and benefits. If you have any questions, please visit our Help page. Thanks again for using Yahoo! Mail.

Sincerely,
    The Yahoo! Mail Team
    Gotta love Yahoo!
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

Comcast has almost no restrictions besides no spamming. But they are not a free service either... it comes with my cable internet.

now I realize you are probably going to say 'it doesnt happen to me on yahoo....' but....

now you have more space to store spams

I got that too for my yahoo email account. But I rarely use that account for email.
    "If at first you do suceed, try not to look astonished."
    I have 50 gmail invitations at my disposal, if you want one pm me with your First and Last name and your email address
    HTTPGuru

I also noticed that they went to XHTML!! Though, it's still nowhere near valid But definitely way beter than before. And 100MB is more than I'll ever need, considering I delete everything right after I read it.
    Windows XP SP2 - theme: Thallos
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ | ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe | 2 * 1024 PC2-6400 Mushkin DDR2-800 | eVGA GeForce 6800XT 256MB | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Music
    5 * 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 3Gb/s in RAID 5 | Lite-On 16x DVD-RW | Mitsumi 7-in-1 Floppy drive and card reader
    Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20" TFT LCD | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G7 Mouse | Seasonic PC160SK Headset

I didn't see that they had gone XHTML. That's pretty awesome, even though it's not valid. I have two Yahoo accounts, so I got all the room I need!

The reason Yahoo changed the amount of space is because Google's e-mail storage is going to make anything else from a free service look like a drop of water in a lake. Yahoo didn't want to get run over by Google yet again. Also note that Google's GMail service will still allow for much more stoarge that what even Yahoo's new amount will.

^yeah. googles new "gmail" they are coming out with will give you a gig of space

http://gmail.com

Originally posted by The Cheat
    ^yeah. googles new "gmail" they are coming out with will give you a gig of space

http://gmail.com
    I'll stick wit muh Yahoo. 1GB of storage isn't enough to get me to change my addy.
    Windows XP SP2 - theme: Thallos
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ | ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe | 2 * 1024 PC2-6400 Mushkin DDR2-800 | eVGA GeForce 6800XT 256MB | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Music
    5 * 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 3Gb/s in RAID 5 | Lite-On 16x DVD-RW | Mitsumi 7-in-1 Floppy drive and card reader
    Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20" TFT LCD | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G7 Mouse | Seasonic PC160SK Headset

1Gig may be a lot but I am not going to go through the hassle of having another email address
    I have 50 gmail invitations at my disposal, if you want one pm me with your First and Last name and your email address
    HTTPGuru

Holly cow! (In light of Jick.) That's a lot of space! Knowing me, I'll probably get another email address... The interface doesn't look all that great, though. I like Y!'s...

well its still beta...

so maybe it'll improve in the future

Originally posted by The Cheat
    well its still beta...

so maybe it'll improve in the future
    If it does ill look into getting an account.
    HTTPGuru

Originally posted by Jona
    I didn't see that they had gone XHTML. That's pretty awesome, even though it's not valid. I have two Yahoo accounts, so I got all the room I need!
    I do not care what they use, I want valid. I would be just as thirlled if it were valid html 4.01 strict as xhtml 1.1 or 1.0 strict.

Originally posted by Jona
    Holly cow! (In light of Jick.)
    Don't make fun of my cow's...

Thread Information