dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: ANOTHER question about a quiz script :)

ANOTHER question about a quiz script :)

Hi!

I know that I seem to be pulling this subject on and on! But, its something about the java back function.

The script that I am going to use is:
    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/xmlquiz.asp

Now, below, someon asked about preventing someone going back, using the browser back function, and the person replied "use the javascript back function"

What is that? Where does it go? What is the script or code for it?

Also, when a user comes to the answer page, I want a link that says "Quizzes" and it takes them to the quiz section. Where does that go in the script?

There is no 'java back function'. Asp.net an java are unrelated, escept for the fact that j# can be used to do asp.net. Java is used for jsp applets and java executable applications. To stop someone from going back just use a session variable to log the page he is on and when the page loads use the session variable to bring up the question he is on. I am assumeing your quiz will be one server side page rather then several and you are keeping the questions in a db, but either way, just log where is is in the db if he has to login, or log where he is inside the session if he does not have to login. Session or a cookie as a matter of fact, if you like cookies more they will work too because it is about the same.

ok. Thanx alot!

no prob

One more thing:

For this part, do I need to program in ASP.NET or can I just use simple HTML, and, where does it go?:

Also, when a user comes to the answer page, I want a link that says "Quizzes" and it takes them to the quiz section. Where does that go in the script?

The quizzes link could go right in the html, if it requires a server side scirpt it can still go in the html with the <% code here %> code block. You would be using asp.net to do that session thing I was talking about, that is not a job for html or anything client side.

Ok. Thanx alot. Thanx for helping me out!

Thumbs up

no problem man.

Thread Information