its so hard can someone give me some tips on it im at the end of mod 1
    its on about mailframes and minicomputers
    my dream is to be a mod on a forum

Re: ecdl

Originally posted by luke0
    its so hard can someone give me some tips on it im at the end of mod 1
    its on about mailframes and minicomputers
    OH NO! NOT THE MINICOMPUTERS!!

if only i (and the rest of the forum) knew what the **** you were talking about...
    Windows XP SP2 - theme: Thallos
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ | ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe | 2 * 1024 PC2-6400 Mushkin DDR2-800 | eVGA GeForce 6800XT 256MB | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Music
    5 * 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 3Gb/s in RAID 5 | Lite-On 16x DVD-RW | Mitsumi 7-in-1 Floppy drive and card reader
    Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20" TFT LCD | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G7 Mouse | Seasonic PC160SK Headset

Took the words right out of my mouth there Daniel!

Best Wishes,
    David
    More of a journal than a blog.

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head

For those who don't know, the ECDL is the European Computer Driving Licence, a very basic computer qualification available to demonstrate one can do basic things to operate a computer. (I think - I avoided doing it myself by doing a "proper" computing course at college). This page explains more about it.

I can't recommend any resources, but I'm sure Google will help you find them.

Adam
    "If youíre not using valid HTML, then you havenít created a Web page. You may have created something else, but it isnít a Web page." - Joe Clark

Do something amazing (USA) | Make Poverty History

Yes every year at college i get hassled to try and take that ECDL even when i have a higher in computing and information systems abit pointless for me to take it like.

well im at school at the minute 1 more year to go but i thing im going to collage sometime this year to do programming
    my dream is to be a mod on a forum

Are you sure thats a wise decision? You seem to be having trouble with ECDL...

HEY! don't discourage him. that's mean.
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

He constantly spams the boards with useless comments... I think telling him not to spend thousands of dollars on on a college course for his own sake, is a favour.

Besides, i simply asked a question. I didnt discourage him.

luke he has got a point, If I were you I mught take ICT as an AS and think seriously if it's worth taking it for A2.
    Are you taking ECDL along side your ICT GCSEs or GNVQs, or does your school offer ECDL as a course in itself? If youre predicted A or B then go ahead and study it at college/6th form but if youre predicted C or D then maybe you should concentrate on your stonger subjects.
    buntime So he's enthusiastic. Big deal. The point of college isn't to use what skills you have but increase them and possibly to learn new ones.
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

Thread Information