www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Web Design / Photoshop...

Web Design / Photoshop...

Hello.

I was just wondering how many people create their page templates in Photoshop before converting to a layout. I always here designers designing in photoshop as a mess around then converting it into a proper layout.

Do many people construct their websites this way? Am i going about design the wrong way?

Best Wishes,
    David
    More of a journal than a blog.

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head

I don't know about you, but I jsut go to design view in macromedia dreamweaver, and play around with divs etc, and also fireworks for the stuff dreamweaver can't make. it makes it easier cause you can preview in ie, firefox, mozilla at a click of a button!
    <? Damn Browser Incompatibilities ?>
    Dell 1505~2.0 Core Duo~1 gig DDR2-533~ Radeon x1400(256mb)~ Hitachi 100gb 7200rpm
    <? Go Blue. ?>

Well personally I usually work up an idea in my head and on paper and then create the main images for it in PhotoShop. I then start coding the site in Windows Notepad. I have created designs completely in PhotoShop before but I prefer to draw it out on paper and in my head.

I don't think your going about it the wrong way. In fact from the people I've met before most of them do create their entire designs in PhotoShop. I don't have any problem with that but I just prefer to do it on paper and in my head.

Thats right, i do a lot on paper too....at school when I am very bored....heheh.
    <? Damn Browser Incompatibilities ?>
    Dell 1505~2.0 Core Duo~1 gig DDR2-533~ Radeon x1400(256mb)~ Hitachi 100gb 7200rpm
    <? Go Blue. ?>

Thanks for the encouraging replies!
    I am a bit impatient when it comes to designing. I regulary view the CSS Vault for the latest designs and base one design on many of the different designs in there. I usually play around with the design and as i am not a big content man, i usually end up creating a template for future use.

Many people i know are very determined and will not stop until a whole site is complete. I am the complete opposite of this.. I can't stick with one design for more than a week at best!

As for designing. I usually draw on paper or in my mind and use Photoshop for the images and Dreamweaver for the layout. I only use the code view as the design view is very misleading.

Best Wishes,
    David

GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head

I usually take the old pen and paper jot down some ideas start coding the layout with css then draw some more then code some more, then the graphics and bang its finsihed

Its as easy as 1, 2, 3...!

Yeah until a week later i get angry at the design and start over

Thread Information