www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: suggestions, comments, your say on the next version of the site

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream

suggestions, comments, your say on the next version of the site

hi, i am currently redeveloping http://admenswear.com in the new version of the site i was wondering what people would like to see in it or what changes, colours, flash, etc.

Hello, Dera, is yosi again.

I like the image, the tipography and the colors (it's difficult to use black as background color without looking as a "hackers" page and you made it)

The only details I don't like are (and sorry again for my English, I hope you understand me)

1) the text is all together, there's no space to "breath".. instead of for example display the text this way

- Take advantage of the time saving benefits by making a time for us to come and see you.
    - Don't know your size, don't worry we'll measure you.

I suggest you display it this other way

- Take advantage of the time saving benefits by making a time for us to come and see you.

- Don't know your size, don't worry we'll measure you.

2) I would set the margins of the page as "0", to erase the black spaces on top and on the left of the image

Good luck 8)

okai good idea thanks allot yosi the new one will be up soon im making a beta one out of php, its updated daily i dnt think its viewable now, but its uploaded the base www.admenswear.com/new

I do not like the marquee and all the scrolling text. Oh and some dodgy code is being splurted out of your software.

Code:
    <marquee marquee="">
    stuff like that etc.

PS: I like the bakcground image. I am not sure about the black though. Maybe dark blue/green would work. You should encorperate the denim look accross the whole page.

looks nice, the marquee is too fast though. I want to see it with the menu and then i'll tell you more about it.

I agree. That's the first thing I noticed, was the moving text at the top is too fast.

I like the jean picture blend a lot!

Originally posted by metaxlog
    looks nice, the marquee is too fast though. I want to see it with the menu and then i'll tell you more about it.
    what do people think of a flash scroller?

Its very nice. Where aer you planning to put the navigation?

you can't never go wrong with flash as long as you use real flash though; i'm not a fan of swish. You could make an animated navigation plus the scrolling text as well. Flash is the best. i wish i new how to use it, have the resourses not the will.

Originally posted by metaxlog
    you can't never go wrong with flash as long as you use real flash though; i'm not a fan of swish. You could make an animated navigation plus the scrolling text as well. Flash is the best. i wish i new how to use it, have the resourses not the will.
    i got the program but not enough power to run it on my comp lol, if i get a better computer i learn it. I jst use swish now, but flash would even be better for the scroller it would save more space.

Originally posted by davidbrent
    Its very nice. Where aer you planning to put the navigation?
    i was thinking of puting a lil nav bar at the top as well as a nav bar on the left where the jeans image thing is.

Do people think a Comment box is a good idea on the main page??

Originally posted by dera
    as well as a nav bar on the left where the jeans image thing is.
    sounds good. but dont cover the image because its a good image!

Do people think a Comment box is a good idea on the main page??
    what? on the home page? a permanent form just generally for people to post their comments on the site or a temp whilst under construction?

Best Wishes,
    David

Originally posted by davidbrent
    sounds good. but dont cover the image because its a good image!

what? on the home page? a permanent form just generally for people to post their comments on the site or a temp whilst under construction?

Best Wishes,
    David
    well the next version of the site will still have the same content, but on websites such as www.debatabase.org they have a suggestions box, i was thinking of puting that in. the next version after this will be with a shopping cart system some php based, i would install it now but i got no sql support, hosting companys bit annoying for that

Thread Information