www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: www.thenackers.com

www.thenackers.com

hi,

I'd designed and setup a website for a teacher I know at my school. It's an Irish band website that has bios, media, forum, ect.. I was wondering what do you guys think about the website.

The link is http://www.thenackers.com
    Last edited by designer4life; 07-06-2004 at 11:58 AM.

In the ways of design is good but the code could use lots of improving alot more of your presentational mark-up could be moved into a style sheet, you should use semantic(meaningful) mark-up and use css to control the layout of the page instead of tables.

i've been learning how to use css style in website, but i'd coded this website before i learned css. i'll probably recoded it to use css style to control the over all look.

thanks for the comment.

Review

Hello -
    I think css is a good idea for you to use but this site
    looks very nice with your tables...and the use of images
    instead of straight text.
    Understand the common 'green thread' but visually, I could
    use a break once in awhile! Other than that, very nice job.
    (In my humble opinion.)
    El

Yes but LJK you could create the whole site the same with css and it would be better as then they would have used semantic mark-up and css to control the layout which overall would help accessibility.

What font are you using on the image. Its a nice font. I like the style of the website. Well done.
    More of a journal than a blog.

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head

Re: Review

Originally posted by LJK
    ...and the use of images
    instead of straight text.
    Are you suggesting that images are a good alternative to text Well, let's just see what that site looks like with images disabled, shall we? (see attatchment)
    -Dan

PS: It scares me how much that guy on the far right of the homepage image looks like Billy Ray Cyrus
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Windows XP SP2 - theme: Thallos
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ | ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe | 2 * 1024 PC2-6400 Mushkin DDR2-800 | eVGA GeForce 6800XT 256MB | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Music
    5 * 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 3Gb/s in RAID 5 | Lite-On 16x DVD-RW | Mitsumi 7-in-1 Floppy drive and card reader
    Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20" TFT LCD | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G7 Mouse | Seasonic PC160SK Headset

Originally posted by Daniel T
    Are you suggesting that images are a good alternative to text Well, let's just see what that site looks like with images disabled, shall we? (see attatchment)
    -Dan

PS: It scares me how much that guy on the far right of the homepage image looks like Billy Ray Cyrus
    With the images disable... the site sucks. Yea the guy on the far right does looks like Bill Ray Cyrus... lol

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    i havnt looked at your code or nithin yet, but so far what i hate is how you have that intro page thing put a meta-refresh if you want to keep it for 10seconds. your sites design is nice though. well done.
    fabioDRN.com

Thread Information