www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Help no hair left widescreen

Help no hair left widescreen

This board is great I have learned so much but I have some problems

1)Me

2)I have a picture saved as a backround to display a border on the left but on wide screens it shows the beginning of the border on the right side as well. another words the picture repeats itself and starts the image again. In a normal monitor no problem.

3)I wanted to use a picture on the right border but in wide screen works great but in a normal monitor it doesn't show. I'm sure problem 2 and 3 are related and caused by 1.

4)Last thing, when I resize my browser window to a small size as it gets very small everything overlaps of eachother. When I resize to standard size everything is O.K. I noticed when I resize this web site everything remains the same you just have to scroll verticaly and horizontaly.

Thanks in advance for the help. I tried to find a solution in the search but it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack and you don't know what the needle looks like.

Chris

1) Will always be a problem
    2) background-repeat : no-repeat; or repeat-y;
    3) see 1) and 2)
    4) Need to see some script to fix it.

Do you have any link or code for the page in question??
    "There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the long run the sword will always be coquered by the spirit!" Napoleon Bonaparte

Update

Problem 1) Not Fixed

Problem 2) FIXED

Problem 3) Trying to Fix

Problem 4) Will have to post later tonight

Thanks for you reply it helped, still trying to figure 3 out. Turns out I need CSS. Just when you think you are beginning to understand this stuff.

Thanks
    Chris

O.K. I'm going to scream. Problem #4 I may have fixed. I used %'s for my tables. When I remove the %'s it works like this sight. It stayed the same and you must scroll. So should I use %'s and not worry about people viewing my site in 1 6 inch web browser or don't use them at all?

Thanks
    Chris

Thread Information