www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What is your opinion on this

What is your opinion on this

Hello every body!

I think that finaly I and my friend Weby have finaly made site which can be reviewed here. I would like to hear your input about what do you think abot it. Feel free to add any comment about the CSS and HTML code!

Tell me if you like or dislike the design and if the code is at least acceptable!

Here is the link to my SLO-Design.com

Thanks for all your inputs.
    "There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the long run the sword will always be coquered by the spirit!" Napoleon Bonaparte

"Can not find ...."

So I can only comment on the domain name choice, which I think is a poor one.
    While to you SLO - stands for slovenia, majority of english speaking population will associate it with something SLOW:
    http://www.hpaa.com/moslo/
    http://www.angelfire.com/on/slammin/
    Vladdy

Working web site is not the one that looks the same in a few graphical browsers, but the one that adequately delivers its content to any device accessing it.

The page is set on my computer and I had some problems with my connection just few minutes after I have posted this message . Now it should work!

The page will be used mostly by the slovenian population (because it is written in slovenian language -> after a while we will maybe translate the page in English ). That is why I have put the name of domain slo-design.
    "There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the long run the sword will always be coquered by the spirit!" Napoleon Bonaparte

Nice work, clean design... my only initial complaint is that you gave something an access key of "D", which makes it so i can't jump to the address bar (normally I would press alt+d, but the access key overides the keyboard shortcut.)

Nice design, very clean, very accessible.

Though, its also very ordinary. Your site does not stand out from any other web site. Its just a simple heading; menu; blog; footer design.

I think that to have a successful company on the web, you need to show potential customers that you are innovative and can offer them something different.

I also think that you should make your site more personalised. My number one rule of thumb:

Transactions dont equal profit, customer relationships do!

I know i have gone a little off scope, though; i thinks an important point.

Overall, you've done well.

Regards,
    Andrew Buntine.

Originally posted by buntine
    Though, its also very ordinary. Your site does not stand out from any other web site. Its just a simple heading; menu; blog; footer design.
    Very true. It looks so familiar i am starting to get sick of the two column layout. Take a look at the CSS Vault if you want to see other layouts accomplished.

I think that to have a successful company on the web, you need to show potential customers that you are innovative and can offer them something different.
    Excellent point. A big "in-your-face", attractive design will really appeal and show how innovative you can be. If you have an average layout that is to be honest, a bit boring, potential customers may judge you as more of a plain company. Whilst in some cases (minimul) this may be as standard and perfect. most companies wanting to get some groundwork online will want a different attractive site that fits their business/market/industry.

Furthermore, you should make the site a bit more personalised. Whilst it is a steady layout, you have a lot of white space that could be filled with an image/text. Keep it so it fits like a glove around your site and works to what you want.

Hope that helps.

Best Wishes,
    David
    More of a journal than a blog.

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    that css vault is a mad webby
    fabioDRN.com

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    http://intensivstation.ch/css/template.php is the link for the template section for css templates
    fabioDRN.com

Thread Information