www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Dynamic form element

Dynamic form element

Hi,
    I am reading xml document in VB .NET and I want to create some radio buttons from the result of XML text and I have no clue how can I create them at run time. Can any body help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Ahad

What are you changeing about the radio buttons? Also why xml? You can just write out different values dynamically and stuff like that if you want at run time into an html form then use a form action to pass the values right back to the server when the user fills out the form.

I am sorry if I couldn't be able to explain my question. My problem is that I just want to create radio button at run time and I don't know the code to do this. So the buttons shouldn't be hardcoded on the form before but I want to do this through code, so that whatever number of radio buttons I want to create I can and this can be vary next time. I hope this will make things more clear.

Ahad

Well you have to write out an html form.
    <input type="radio" name="name" value="value" >
    Then just get the values when the user submits the form. You can't use the asp.net elements for this.

Unhappy

uhmmmmmmm! I don't know what you are talking about. First I don't have any html thing. Its a Visual Basic .Net and I have en empty window form and what I want to do is to put radio button dynamicly.

Ahad

woops... I thought you were talking about vb.net to create asp.net web pages. This forum is geared towards asp.net (which should really be in the description), and the use of the .net studio for server applications. I do not use vb.net for executable application programming so I can't really help you there.

Thread Information