www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: free 486

free 486

My next door neighbor had some lightning take out her modem and her motherboard shorted and her soundcard got fried in the process. I fixed the motherboard, got a new soundcard, and gave her a spare modem of mine. She gave me 50 bucks (sound card cost 30) and an old 486. I now have a dedicated web server (and a bot/irc box) . I am thinking I am going to put SuSE on it and mono to start and run some asp.net from linux!
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 06-27-2004 at 08:54 PM.

You have a dedicated server, but what's your interenet connection speed? Anywho, I wish I knew had to fix computers and/or had people who gave me old computer/computer parts.

3mbit download but an abysmal 256k upload. I will not be hosting anyone off this. Umm... screw suse for now, I wanna put w2k3 on this for a little while and see what kinda game server I can get goin. By the end of this summer I hope to have my design company site up and get alteast one client, maybe 2. I am going to be on a developer/reseller package at most likely brinkster... their package would probably be the most conveiniant for me.
    edit: AHHH THIS SUCKS. The boxes do not have enough ram to put on w2k3 and if I ran linux it would even lag like a mofo. These are not going to serve my purposes. Well I got some gas money atleast. I was just hopeing for a dedicated box. Ill just have to get one from somewhere else.
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 06-27-2004 at 08:55 PM.

Thread Information