www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: site review

site review

Comments are always welcome, I started off with Frontpage and switched to Dreamweaver, I still don't think I know what I'm really doing w/ CSS.

Main site is at www.knoxfamily.us other links are below...

that bright red hurts my eyes... I am serious, my lights are out and I am sitting the blue glow of some neon cold cathoes inside of my pc, I am looking at bright red and it is burning me!
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...e%29&verbose=1

This is beautiful. I can see you know what you are doing. How very 'bright' of you to design such a wonderful template.

I presume your children wear glasses?

Enough of that now. To be honest, I really think you are joking about here. Anyone with half a brain would realise that they would have their lives tortured for claiming work like this belonged to them. Do you see any other websites looking like a web****e?

Originally posted by Bonner
    This is beautiful. I can see you know what you are doing. How very 'bright' of you to design such a wonderful template.

I presume your children wear glasses?

Enough of that now. To be honest, I really think you are joking about here. Anyone with half a brain would realise that they would have their lives tortured for claiming work like this belonged to them. Do you see any other websites looking like a web****e?
    Jeese man you really need to cut that out. This forum is for helping others not insulting them.

Yeah but I think it is clear as daylight that if someone made a website like it would hurt people's eyes. If it was a joke it would be okay for a website but the guy looks as if he has put no effort into thinking about people's needs at all.

I have never came across a person who has never driven a car before and just jumps in one and drives off as if they understand what they are doing.

People should really spend some time looking into things before they start making websites like this.

My first website I ever made was nothing like this. I used the same template for each page and each page had about 4 sentences and 6 links and nothing more.

It was more of a test to see what things did and did not annoy people who looked at it.

Why would someone go out of their way to make something as a joke? I mean its not funny and it proves nothing right? This person may be color blind or their contrast settings might be screwed up. That is what this forum is for, so other people can take a look at a site before it is launched and so that the person who designed the site can improve it. If you just say the site is ugly without offering advice on how to make it any better then you are just insulting the user. I do not mind honesty, infact a lot of people probably think I am a jerk because I have said things like their code was crud, but I always say how they can make it not crud, weather they use my advice or not is up to them, but I atleast give them something.

Originally posted by Bonner
    Yeah but I think it is clear as daylight that if someone made a website like it would hurt people's eyes. If it was a joke it would be okay for a website but the guy looks as if he has put no effort into thinking about people's needs at all.

I have never came across a person who has never driven a car before and just jumps in one and drives off as if they understand what they are doing.

People should really spend some time looking into things before they start making websites like this.

My first website I ever made was nothing like this. I used the same template for each page and each page had about 4 sentences and 6 links and nothing more.

It was more of a test to see what things did and did not annoy people who looked at it.
    Bonner,
    Wow, I didn't realize I could kill people with the color of a website, that car analogy was really, really bad.

I wish I had the talent to make that website, but the fact is I'm such hack I used a "free template" that had was a greenish color that I thought was even uglier...

http://freesitetemplates.com/templates/samples/39/

But then maybe I am color blind.

I also changed the color so you shouldn't go blind any longer (except for the onanism thing.

Finally I'm not really sure what a web****e is? you need to be a bit more creative to make it past the language filters.

Thanks for your help anyway

Originally posted by PeOfEo
    that bright red hurts my eyes... I am serious, my lights are out and I am sitting the blue glow of some neon cold cathoes inside of my pc, I am looking at bright red and it is burning me!
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...e%29&verbose=1

Thanks I did change some of the colors and add a doctype and my errors on that page became even worse. After going from 13 errors w/ no doctype XHTML gave me 146 errors so I changed it to HTML 4.01 Transitional, and got 12errors.

Obviously I dont' know what I'm doing and I could kill someone or at least blind them permanently. I may have to find another hobby, I don't think I could live with myself if someone were to go blind from looking at my website.

Anyway even my blog (a blogspot template) kicks out a ton of errors on the validate site.

Is there a good place to learn more about CSS maybe some tutorials?

Little Boring Blog

Try this W3schools is a good place to learn css.

Thread Information