www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Javascript Painting Program

Javascript Painting Program

I think I'll post this here, cus I don't know exactly where it should go.

Ok, as dumb as this sounds, I made a paint program with Javascript. It currently only runs in IE. I am looking into FF still to re-write some things I've done(like this).

And as many of you somewhat decent javascripters would guess, it sucks. Javascript is slow, and so it IE when running it. But I still think it's great. Since I made it, and it works, and I've never seen it before(in javascript).

PM or reply if you'd like to see it...
    "Given billions of tries, could a spilled bottle of ink ever fall into the words of Shakespeare?"

Why don't you post a link?
    <? Damn Browser Incompatibilities ?>
    Dell 1505~2.0 Core Duo~1 gig DDR2-533~ Radeon x1400(256mb)~ Hitachi 100gb 7200rpm
    <? Go Blue. ?>

A Link. sure. But don't be disappointed. I'm telling you in advance it is bad(but what would you expect).

Link To The Worst Paint Program
    Last edited by Sup3rkirby; 08-13-2005 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Changed Link Location
    "Given billions of tries, could a spilled bottle of ink ever fall into the words of Shakespeare?"

very creative

LMAO, you're right, it does suck, but I couldn't create one of those if my life depended on it. Good Job. One thing I noticed is that if you move your mouse very quickly across the paint board you can make a starry night.
    Last edited by kalamaramatata; 08-10-2005 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalamaramatata
    LMAO, you're right, it does suck, but I couldn't create one of those if my life depended on it. Good Job. One thing I noticed is that if you move your mouse very quickly across the paint board you can make a starry night.
    I just had to set the standard low so you wouldn't expect much....

Javascript is not quite fast enough(I don't think, from what I've seen) to capture the mouse events fast enough for something like a paint program.

Haha, starry night. That's one (positive) way to look at it....

Nice work ! why not put it in sourceforge look out for a team and start developing it more !
    Chris, Senior Developer,
    Php laravel developers,
    www.chrisranjana.com

Quote Originally Posted by chrisranjana
    Nice work ! why not put it in sourceforge look out for a team and start developing it more !
    Thank you. I will look into that. I'm kinda surprised that anyone liked it. I was a really short, spur of the moment project. But who knows... maybe after some more development, it could really take off....

To All: I added a nice little 'Eraser Mode' thingy. I've never seen one in a paint program(javascript) before and decided to throw that in there. Very helpful I'd say.

Thread Information