www.webdeveloper.com
Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday, Peo

Just as the thread flatlines, Omega must inject adrenaline straight to the heart. And bad markup o.O? Who said </rant> was markup? Oh no, it's a full-fledged word, now. You're behind the times man.

I wouldn't say rap is pop. I'd say Hip-Hop is pop. I hate both, anyway. But, uh, deathmetal isn't my thing either. You know what they say about death metal rockers. (If you don't, you probably are one x.x) But pop is evil. Where is all the good music at?
    Share on Google+

The music be at yo momma's house, I'm going over there now. (Had to slip that in.) And I told you, this thread shant die! As for Paul... I'm going back to my "You're stubborn" statement to cover your reply...

Oh yeah, I don't know what they say about Death Metal rockers, and I'm not one. I know what I say, but not about them.

And I still say Rap is part of pop. You know the term pop culture? Well pop culture covers all the mainstream "fads". Rap is in the mainstream, and, like everything else, has some good things it (In the case of death metal, some). So I say rap is pop, because rap is part of pop.

For the record: isn't Stairway to Heaven a really good song?
    Share on Google+

rap is crap. Rap is not even music technically, to be music you need melody and beat, rap music only has a beat. Metal != death metal. Death metal is the growly stuff. I do not like death metal either, I like power metal, which is close to symphonic rock, power metal was brown of thrash, speed metal / its fast paced, and power metal has generally a keyboard or an actual orcistra besides the guitar, drum, and vocals.
    ps: stairway to heave, the zeplin original, sucks IMO, but the van halen cover is pretty good.
    Share on Google+

Alright. You're not being a stubborn jack*** about everyone needing to like metal, anyways, Peo, so that rant wasn't really aimed at you. And Zeppelin kix ass. They even manage to make love songs classics. THAT is SKILL.
    Share on Google+

All metal is awesome (heavy, death, black, power, thrash, blah blah blah), some rap is good, and all other music is SH-IT!
    Thousand different paths
    So many sterile ends
    I chose the Devil's path

Never shall the sun kiss my face
    And caress me with it's burning light
    For I dwell in the shadows
    And sleep side by side with death
    Share on Google+

Originally posted by PeOfEo
    ps: stairway to heave, the zeplin original, sucks IMO, but the van halen cover is pretty good.
    Peo. Today is your deathday. Congratulations! Well, the thread Rapists must die. You're insulting Led Zeppelin, the Greatest Band ever, and the grandfathers of heavy metal. First off, your crappy death metal would never be here without the Zep, along with those terrible hair bands and even most real good metal bands. Stairway to Heaven is the Greatest Song Ever, and no crappy cover of it could compare to it. If your not into good music, (ie, you like pop ) you won't be able to appreciate it. It showcases everything great in rock and is the most complete song in existence. It showcases what the Zep were about and taught so many crappy bands to follow what real music is. No one can compare to the Zep, and anyone who tries putting them down is either insanely jealous, or can't really appreciate music. Your "opinion" sucks Peo, and you must die for it. If you think that some crappy cover of Stairway to Heaven can compare to the original Led Zeppelin, than you have no idea of what good solid rock, or even music, is. You are a hinderance to society and must now die. You must die many repeated, horrible, painful, deaths.

</rant>
    Share on Google+

*Nods head, agreeing*
    Share on Google+

I have never heard a thing by Led Zeppelin, I never want to, and I never will — but I can appreciate good music. I’m just not into that panzy-ass classic rock stuff. You want to sit in your recliner and reminisce over some washed-up fogey music, then go right ahead. But I would rather sit here with some good music pounding through my eardrums.

Just because you cannot accept the fact that your “good music” has evolved into a load of crap, doesn’t mean you have to insult the good music of today.

Viva La Metal!!!
    Last edited by Paul Jr; 07-13-2004 at 01:05 AM.
    Thousand different paths
    So many sterile ends
    I chose the Devil's path

Never shall the sun kiss my face
    And caress me with it's burning light
    For I dwell in the shadows
    And sleep side by side with death
    Share on Google+

No zeppelin is not that good, they were over rated. When Van Halen does their songs the songs are ok, but when they do it they are not that good. They do not even sound that good. Van halen pre hagar is good stuff. David Lee Roth was a beast.
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 07-13-2004 at 01:29 AM.
    Share on Google+

Originally posted by omega
    And Zeppelin kix ass. They even manage to make love songs classics. THAT is SKILL.
    try just about anything by the scorpians, the scorpians are one of the best bands ever, and I would take them over any of the classic rock.

Ps:
    MstrBob, no crappy cover can compare to the original? Download it and see for yourself buddy
    http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/music/...n%20(Live).mp3
    its a whole lot better then the zeppelin version.
    Robert Plant is singing though, If David Lee Roth were singing it would have been better still. Eddie Van Halen is argueably one of the best guitarists ever, but when you get into the meat of it, no one is a better guitarist then Yingwie Malmsteen, you would know that when you hear Razor Eater.
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 07-13-2004 at 02:07 AM.
    Share on Google+

Originally posted by Paul Jr
    I have never heard a thing by Led Zeppelin, I never want to, and I never will — but I can appreciate good music. I’m just not into that panzy-ass classic rock stuff.
    Aye, first off mate, you can't say anything about classic rock if you don't listen to it.

No zeppelin is not that good, they were over rated. When Van Halen does their songs the songs are ok, but when they do it they are not that good. They do not even sound that good. Van halen pre hagar is good stuff. David Lee Roth was a beast.
    Great guitarists? Let's talk about Jimmy Page and Jimi Hendrix. Want awesome modern guitarist? Tom Morrello and Even Ron Thal (a.k.a. Bumblefoot). Current Deathmetal sucks. The music is crap. Maybe, MAYBE there might be a few okay ones, but the vast majority is crap who can't play for ****.

MstrBob, no crappy cover can compare to the original? Download it and see for yourself buddy
    That's supppose to be better than the original? Wow, all that super loud guitar "playing" and screaming must have permanently damaged you hearing . If Van Halen is the greatest metal band, than we as a society have vastly declined. Robert Plant never went around in assless pants.

I've unfortunately been subject to current "deathmetal", "heavymetal", and *shudders* "punk". Even leaving punk out of it (though they have the same talent level), there is no skill in it. All it is are a group of whiny ass guys running around with the amps at 11 (Spinaltap) pulling random strings and just screaming about how life sucks or how hot a girl is, or how they want everyone to die. Rock used to be about actual talent and meaningful lyrics, which seperates Led Zeppelin from nearly every modern metal band today.

But at least most of those bands are willing to admit that the Zep brought metal and that they had talent. If only their mindless fans knew the same. I don't have a problem with want awesome, pounding music. You're not like me who enjoys some mellow stuff here and there (Pink Floyd), but at least listen to actual music. There are plenty of classic rock bands with edge AND talent, and even some good modern ones, too. They may not be your sickening deathmetal, but they know how to play, and in no way are they "panzy-ass". If you can't even appreciate Led Zeppelin, than you really don't care about music, you just like loud noises.

*Disclaimer* In case I've ofended anyone, except for Peo who must die , please realize that there is nothing that gets me into a bigger rant than music. Theology, politics, MS, none of them get me rilied like bad music.
    Share on Google+

I do listen to classic rock dude, its you who probably doesnt if you think that Van Halen is a metal band. You do not know a great guitarist if you have never heard Yingwie Malmsteen. Here are some of my favorite songs by him:
    http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/music/...or%20Eater.mp3
    http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/music/...of%20Fools.mp3
    http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/music/...20Paradise.mp3
    that stuff is insane --^
    just music no words instrumental--v
    http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/music/...Blitzkrieg.mp3
    http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/music/...ure%201383.mp3
    http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/music/...ure%201622.mp3
    http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/music/...trumental).mp3

That was a taste of it, if you like what you hear you can hear more from my collection at http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/music/...e%20Malmsteen/. If you want a modern guitarist try Michael Romeo, hes with a progressive metal band by the name of symphonyX http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/music/..._the_fire).mp3
    You do not even know the difference between metal and death metal. Look I have tried to explain it death metal is always metal but metal is not always death metal. There is thrash, power metal, symphonic rock, speed metal, glamour metal, industrial metal, black metal, and more other forms of metal, its not all scream and groul like death metal. But you assume all metal is screaming, you do not know what you are talking about at all. You act like you know all about metal and classic rock, but you do not even know the difference between death metal and metal. Van Halen is not even metal dude, they are classic rock, listen to them. Then when Van Hagar joined van halen they died because it got commercial and poppy. Zeppelin did not have any more talent then anyone else, their lyrics did not make sence, it was a bunch of crap on paper, there were bands with more talent at that time, i.e. Van Halen with David Lee Roth. Look this cover even had Robert Plant singing, he was the lead singer of Led Zeppelin and it does sound better then the original, eddie van halen was a better guitarist then anyone in Zeppelin. Led Zeppelin was nothing special, and should not be treated as the greatest band ever when there were better groups in the 80s, you probably have not heard any of them thats why you worship zeppelin. Listen to the scorpians, listen to van halen, listen to some def leppard, and you will see that they are better then Led Zeppelin. I can provide you with the files, you can download them all off me if you want.

Ps: I do not listen to death metal, I listen to metal, but not death metal, I listen to power metal, there is a difference. And I have never seen anyone in any of the bands I listen to walk around in assless pants... dono what you were listening to. Marilyn Manson may do that, but I do not associate him with metal, because he is commercial and a joke.

in conclusion: Led Zeppelin should not be treated as one of the greatest bands in history because their were many other great bands in the 70s and 80s, such as Van Halen, the Scorpians, and Def Leppard, which I would say easily brought more talent to the table the zeppelin, and if you read the lyrics they are coherent. I suggest you listen to some ronnie james dio too.
    dio and yingwie jam together in their cover of dream on
    http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/music/...Dream%20On.mp3. You better listen to every mp3 I linked, or else.
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 07-13-2004 at 03:09 PM.
    Share on Google+

You didn't hear of David Lee Roth and his assless pants? That's probably a good thing.

But now let's get things straight. I don't have a problem with Van Halen or Def Leppard, okay, there good (and your of course right about Van Halen sucking with van hagar). Don't get me wrong, okay? I only have a problem when you say that their the best and supposedly better than Led Zeppelin. You don't understand the lyrics? That's okay, I don't have a problem with that. Many songs have odd or double meaning lyrics. But don't say it's trash because it doesn't appear to make sense at first. Like with any band, you have to know where they're coming from to understand the lyrics. While I'll admit that Van Halen is awesome, I definately wouldn't go as far to say they're better than the Zep.

I was talking about modern deathmetal, heavymetal, and punk. Modern "heavymetal" is absolute trash. I haven't heard anything good out of it since the 80s. You could say the pre-hagar van halen is classic rock, but anything after that is just total crap. I don't really listen to power metal, thrash, or speed metal. Not my thing, you know? Glamour metal, hairbands? Please. Black metal, I haven't heard of, but is it similar to Deathmetal? I never said all metal was screaming, deathmetal is screaming. Modern heavymetal is trash.

You like your metal, I swing more towards your good old rock, ala garage band style. I like some good bands of different types though, but mainly I like "rock n roll". Good modern stuff is Audioslave, Jet, and (since it's not really classic) Nirvana. I also listen to early Pearl Jam and early Metallica. The Ramones I love, too. I liked Queens of the Stone Age, and The Darkness amuse me. Great classics are The Doors, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, the Who, Yes, and (well, I like them at leaste) Pink Floyd - though they're most likely to mellow for you . But the two forms of music I do loathe are hair bands and modern "punk bands".

Look, you have to respect that Led Zeppelin are awesome and really are on the top. The fact that they could go from from something like Black Dog, to a ballad like Stairway to Heaven, to a blues-ish When the Levee Breaks, to a middle-eastern inspired In the Light. Awesome. Led Zeppelin IV and Physical Graffitti are my two favorite albums. No they weren't all the time doing your insane guitar riffs and standard metal, though they very much could. They, unlike most other bands, even of the 70s, could experiment with all sorts of different sounds - and it still would come out awesome. That is the mark of a truly awesome band. The ability to do what they normally don't, or to try new sounds, and still make it sound good.
    Share on Google+

I am going to say right now that the scoripians are 100% most definatly better then zeppelin. They have a better base line, their guitar riffs are better, they have a better singer, and their lyrics were more powerful and had some depth to them. But you seem to worship zepelin when nothing they did was too special, that is my point. You guys are acting like they are the most influential band ever, and even omega said 'they could make a love song a classic, that takes skill', like they are the only ones who did rock love balads.

Again you are commenting on metal when you do not listen to it, saying it is trash when you have heard what is played on the radio...
    Like with any band, you have to know where they're coming from to understand the lyrics.
    read the lyrics to stairway to heaven, the song is about nothing....
    I was talking about modern deathmetal, heavymetal, and punk. Modern "heavymetal" is absolute trash. I haven't heard anything good out of it since the 80s.
    listen to some symphonyx, or better yet sonata arctica http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/music/...nata%20artica/ they started in 1999 I believe, and they are really great, but there again you assume all heavy metal is death metal, would you please listen to this song, please please please http://quasi-ke.servebeer.com/music/...ull%20Moon.mp3 (I cant believe brandy a pop singer ripped this off and did a remake of it, grrr)
    that is called power metal, it is still metal but it is not death metal, and yes I would call it modern, maybe progressive, and it is rather new. Stuff like rammstein, slipknot, I would call commercialized crap, not metal, and that is the impression people get of metal because that is what is played on the radio.
    Glamour metal, hairbands? Please.
    well some of that yingwie malmsteen stuff I posted was in his hair stages, and its still good stuff, you should watch the music videos, its funny.
    Black metal, I haven't heard of, but is it similar to Deathmetal?
    not really, its generally more mellow and melodic.
    I never said all metal was screaming, deathmetal is screaming. Modern heavymetal is trash.
    not so with the modern metal, the commercial stuff may be, but there are tons of great metal bands, that might have started back in the 80s (iced earth and blind guardian) or new bands like symphonyx or sonata arctica, that utterly rock, and they are releasing cds and on tour right now (mainly in europe... no one ever comes to jacksonville florida . You know who the scorpians are correct? You have heard, 'no one like you', 'rock you like a hurricane', 'big city nights', 'rythm of love', and 'still loving you' correct?

listen to the mp3s in my last post!
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 07-13-2004 at 03:42 PM.
    Share on Google+

Well, like I said, you have to know where Led Zeppelin are coming from. The song, Stairway to Heaven, is based upon numerous celtic myths and peices of English literature, which Robert Plant was interested in at the time. He was a fan of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and many people said that The Battle of Evermore is based on it. Looking at the lyrics, and knowing him as a fan of the books, it's not surprising. But if you don't know that, it does seem like gibberish. The fact that time and meaning was put into it all says something about them. Yes, your bands are good, I've been listening to the mp3s you linked. But can they do what Zeppelin did? Can they really stretch across and experiment and have it turn out so brilliant? That is why I love Led Zeppelin. The thought, creativity, talent, and experimentation put into it all. There are very few bands like that.

And of course the more underground bands are awesome. Everyone should know that commercial stuff is crap. That's the sad thing about NYC, we have no good radio stations!! The only near-way decent one is Q 104.3, which is the only classic rock station. The "rock" music station we have is utter commercial crapola. Look there are some amazing rock bands around here that you just don't hear.

Also, yes, of course I've heard of the Scorpians, and I do like them. But I'm saying they cant compare to what Zeppelin did. And which song is is you want me to listen to by Sonata Arctica?
    Share on Google+

Thread Information