dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: a new section maybe?

a new section maybe?

im not sure if this has been discussed yet, but im a new member so...

i would like to see some sort of Java section that maybe includes applets, jsp, etc... Java is very different from JavaScript and is used very often in websites (including the one im working on ).

just a suggestion!

Well, JavaBotique is Internet.com's primary Java resource. Internet.com also has CodeGuru which doesn't focus on Java specifically, but does contain a Java forum. At this very forum as well, we have an "Other" section in which Java questions would be perfectly valid in. In any case, I agree with your suggestion but perhaps aforementioned forums should suffice.
    Last edited by fredmv; 06-30-2004 at 06:25 PM.

<opinion>Java has no place being on the internet. Applets have some limited uses, but they take forever to load and flash can usually handle what applets can handle a little better. Jsp is alright I guess, but it still is not super popular and has that rigid language flexibility</opinion>

<opinion type="flamebait">Java should definitely be on the Internet. Applets can do much more than Flash, plus you don't need to pay loads of money to Macromedia to develop in Java. It's a nice language, less flexible than JavaScript (but that's not suprising, it's compiled instead of interpreted). Plus it's cross-platform out of the box.</opinion>

Regarding the topic at hand, I agree with fredmv. You might also try Sun's Java Technology Forums.

Adam

Very true Adam. I can't believe I didn't suggest that. Probably because I was thinking within the scope of Internet.com.
    Last edited by fredmv; 07-01-2004 at 03:20 PM.

thanks for the referrals!

btw, i agree with you too fred.

No problem man! Welcome to the forums.

Thread Information