www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need feedback about color on my website!?

need feedback about color on my website!?

i put some color on my website, can you let me know what you think of it?
    are the tabbed colors ok?
    if there are any other suggestions that you might have, can you add those as well?
    thanks
    site:
    http://www.wootenmedia.com/designs/design2.html
    Mike Wooten

Web design is about how you take that sketch and make a web site out of it that is accessible, easy to navigate, scalable with user agent capablities and settings.

The picture you posted is OK. The question is what happens to it when I click Ctrl+ after you code it.
    Vladdy

Working web site is not the one that looks the same in a few graphical browsers, but the one that adequately delivers its content to any device accessing it.

it'll end up looking something like this. i'm trying to update the design and color scheme of this current site.
    www.wootenmedia.com/wootenmusic7
    Mike Wooten

I would recommend updating your coding techniques fisrt. Here what happens when you use tables where they do not belong: www.vladdy.net/tests/wm.jpg
    Vladdy

Working web site is not the one that looks the same in a few graphical browsers, but the one that adequately delivers its content to any device accessing it.

thanks for showing me that?
    question?
    what platform are you using to view my site, if it's windows, what version? 98, 2000, xp?
    because i'm using windows xp, and i see my site fine with no problems and i don't have another platform to view my site on.
    thanks
    Mike Wooten

I use Mozilla FireFox, that allows me to increase the site font size so I can comfortably read the content on my 21" 1600x1200 Sony Trinitron
    Vladdy

what operating system and version are you viewing my site on?
    thanks
    Mike Wooten

Sorry about the offtopic but hell thats a big monitor vladdy how much did that cost now i see why you always want scalable text

Sorry again about the offtopic

Mike, Mozilla is a cross-platform browser that will yield the same behaviour, regardless of the OS it is running on. The fundumental flaw of your site that it does not take into acount user font size setting.

Sharkey, I got this monitor from Dell refurb stock two years ago for, as far as I remember, $500. It does take some space on my desk but it beats any Flat-Panel when I have time to fly a fighter sim
    Last edited by Vladdy; 07-01-2004 at 12:24 PM.
    Vladdy

would css take care of the font size setting in my design or would i have to use tables around the text in order for the text to fit?
    how would i use css to take care of the font size setting?
    thanks
    Mike Wooten

a small tidbits

I like the idea of the tabs color-coding which section you are in. I think that's a tried-and-true method. However, I would consider making the lettering a color, like a pale yellow, when this happens. Mainly, when you click on "Guitar" the black lettering on the blue tab is hardly legible.

Originally posted by mikewooten
    would css take care of the font size setting in my design or would i have to use tables around the text in order for the text to fit?
    how would i use css to take care of the font size setting?
    thanks
    It's not as much as making the text fit as it is making your layout expand with the text as it increases in size. This would require a complete overhaul of your website.
    Thousand different paths
    So many sterile ends
    I chose the Devil's path

Never shall the sun kiss my face
    And caress me with it's burning light
    For I dwell in the shadows
    And sleep side by side with death

can you take a look at the color scheme of my site and let me know what you think of it?
    does it look better?
    what other colors should i use on the site?
    if there is any other kind of feedback that you can give me, that would be very helpful.
    what else should i add to my site or site design?
    thanks
    site:
    http://www.wootenmedia.com/designs/design6_1.html
    Mike Wooten

if i had to redo my website, should i use css comletely instead of using tables so that the text could expand?
    Mike Wooten

Yes, the consensus around here is pure CSS. Though if you are just beginning, and you find going pure CSS a bit too hard at the moment, you can always use a hybrid layout (Using a table for the basic structure and CSS for the visuals).
    Thousand different paths
    So many sterile ends
    I chose the Devil's path

Never shall the sun kiss my face
    And caress me with it's burning light
    For I dwell in the shadows
    And sleep side by side with death

Thread Information