dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: PHP 5.0.0 Released

Talking PHP 5.0.0 Released

I'm not sure about others but I logged onto the forums today and got forwarded to that new main page as usual and I noticed a little something about PHP 5.0.0 being released so I then proceeded to the PHP site and found that it was true, The final PHP 5.0.0 has been released.

I was very happy to hear that. I think thats the best news I've heard in a while. I can't wait to try it out. I plan to try it out on my local server to see it in action. Anybody else excited as I about the new release?

Yes, I noticed that. I'm probably more so (excited), though until it's widely implimented on servers, many of it's features won't be able to be used. None the less, it's nice to finally see that it has been released.

Why wasn't this posted in the PHP section, though?

cool...now we have more function than before rite?

Originally posted by pyro
    Yes, I noticed that. I'm probably more so (excited), though until it's widely implimented on servers, many of it's features won't be able to be used. None the less, it's nice to finally see that it has been released.

Why wasn't this posted in the PHP section, though?
    Well thats a good question. I was thinking about posting it there but I wasn't sure if that would be the appropriate place since I was just asking what other people think and not asking a question about PHP. I couldn't decide which forum was more appropriate so I just put it in the more open one.
    Originally posted by tanfwc
    cool...now we have more function than before rite?
    Well from what I've read it will have more. I'm specifically interested in the HTML Tidy function that I heard was supposed to be in this version.

Aw man, if there's an HTML tidy function, then validation would be too easy lol. Where's the challenge in that?

I don't believe it's intended to validate your code totally. From what I heard it's just like the normal HTML Tidy but it's built in. It will indent your code and fix little errors like "<code /><code>". You will still have to validate it. I'm interested because almost all my website is php so I can't HTML Tidy half of it. I can send it through HTML Tidy and save it but any code that is output by php is still wacko. This will take your pages and send it through HTML Tidy before it is outputted to the browser.

Originally posted by Jick
    I don't believe it's intended to validate your code totally. From what I heard it's just like the normal HTML Tidy but it's built in. It will indent your code and fix little errors like "<code /><code>". You will still have to validate it. I'm interested because almost all my website is php so I can't HTML Tidy half of it. I can send it through HTML Tidy and save it but any code that is output by php is still wacko. This will take your pages and send it through HTML Tidy before it is outputted to the browser.
    OH That'll be interesting indeed!!

Now I can write sloppy inefficient html and hide it by using the html tidy function *HEHEH EVIL PLOT*.

Thread Information