www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: <sigh>politics.......</sigh>

Hybrid View

A series of tubes known as the "internets"

<sigh>politics.......</sigh>

i may be shooting myself in the foot here, but this is the dreaded political thread. say what you will, but i will keep my eye on this thread as much as i can to make sure it doesn't get out of hand...
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain
    Share on Google+

Ill crank this baby up *pulls the cord*

BUSH RULES WOOT. The war in iraq is justified, and is neccessay. The WMD was used by bush to rally support, which was a political mistake yes, but none the less the war is still neccessary. Saddam was a bad dude, he payed off the families of palistinian suicide bombers and was in violation of our treaty and our seice fire, not the mention the un treaty. He was screwing with us for years, and this was not our first action to try to get him out of power, this was infact a last resort. Under clinton we tried to support insurgents in Iraq... and my how that worked....

There that should do it.

edit: I am just not feeling it, we can't get into politics this way, it has to be a thread that goes off topic into politics. I just cant see a debate like this starting on its own. Maybe someone else will say something against me and I will post something back and we will have a good thread going.... I hope.
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 07-16-2004 at 03:29 AM.
    Share on Google+

I think the main problem is the whole "look what we've done to Iraq now!"

I mean honestly there is more violence then that distributed by Saddams regime. Surely we have knoocked a powerful leader off his block and public humiliated him on TV showing his medical examination and basially portraying him as a bit of a loser.

Was the war justified? I think the whole let's get rid of Saddam has a good point and in this case was justified. But in the back of everyone's mind is the oil. Iraqi oil reserves are worth $4 trillion at the present time. It is a known fact that if there is one thing the world is short of, it's oil. How do we know the reality of the legitimate oil reserves is not just a coverup. Maybe Bush has it hidden that oil reserves are at an all time low. Companies are digging blanks and they are running out of places to dig. A conspiracy theory would be that Bush new this and realises that with oil comes automatic power.

I don't trust the media 100% yet there has been strong evidence the Iraqi oil reserves are being exported out of the Middle Eastern country straight to the United States of America. "Power" was handed back to Iraqi dimplomats this June yet there are still positions and locations in Iraq that are under American control. Read this article about USA exdporting oil out of Iraq through a pipeline.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E1702,00.html

Is this justified?

Best Wishes,
    David
    More of a journal than a blog.

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head
    Share on Google+

Originally posted by davidbrent
    I mean honestly there is more violence then that distributed by Saddams regime.
    I highly doubt it. It's just that the media is now choosing to cover Iraqi violence so that it can continue to portray us as the bad guys.
    Share on Google+

Originally posted by insanefishposse
    I highly doubt it. It's just that the media is now choosing to cover Iraqi violence so that it can continue to portray us as the bad guys.
    That maybe true but why should the media be allowed to pick and choose bits of the world daily at their own disgression.

Maybe i am just old fashioned, but i think the media should support the country...

GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head
    Share on Google+

I aggree, the us media is practicing sedition IMO. Fox news is the only one getting behind the country (what a suprise). This was war not about oil though... but I wish it were, maybe I could get to where I need to go a little cheaper. Our gas prices the highest they have been in a long time.
    Share on Google+

The high prices are security for the unpredictability. Once the oil reserves are catalouged and complete agendas created the prices will go down.

Fat cats are covering there backsides...

Share on Google+

Share on Google+

....meaning?

Share on Google+

Seems to me that the reason for the increased awareness of the violence in Iraq might be due to the personal interest America suddenly has developed in the last year and a half. I'm guessing a lot of us here know someone over there right now?

I have an unsettling feeling that some of the media isn't being quite partial because criticism of the status quo boosts ratings and they have contacts with un-American interests they want to keep happy so they can continue getting scoops from them. In fact, weren't a few reporters fired a couple months ago for basically lying on camera to build trust with some untrustworthy informants?
    Notepad: Reliability, Compatibility, and Simplicity. Quite possibly the perfect development environment.
    Share on Google+

I found this today and I thought others might find it as fun as I did.

It kinda goes along with this thread. I hope it doesn't take it off-topic.
    Share on Google+

Originally posted by Jick
    I found this today
    i love that thing. i've had it for awhile and it's been a nice friend in these lonely times...
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain
    Share on Google+

That thing is terrible... it does not have the words I wan't to use, and I can only use words one time! Grrr.
    Share on Google+

Originally posted by PeOfEo
    That thing is terrible... it does not have the words I wan't to use, and I can only use words one time! Grrr.
    well make your own then. (i would if i could, but my flash skills are limited to random shapes and tweens)
    Share on Google+

ugh, I have no flash skills or motivation.
    Share on Google+

Thread Information